Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dean-liverance (the Ned Beatty/Howard Dean Connection)

Vargas

Yes | No

Default Dean-liverance (the Ned Beatty/Howard Dean Connection)

http://www.fritzliess.com/movabletyp...iverance_2.mp3

I know that there is a bunch of remixes on the web, but being a native North Carolinean, this has to be my favorite.

And no, this doesn't mean I'm a card-carrying member of the VRWC (Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy for you cave-dwellers). I just enjoy watching politicians step on their cranks, whatever their political persuasion.

Final thought for the day: That "YEAARGGGGHH!!!" of Dean's sounds suspiciously like a 'Kiai' shout. Possible martial artist? Secret leader of the Vermont Ninja Posse? The possibilities boggle the mind. . .

Shogun of Long Island Jenfucius's Avatar

Yes | No

i want to see dean vs. john mccain in a NHB straight talk match

Yes | No

EVERYONE! VARGAS IS BACK! SEAL THE EXITS! HE SHALL NOT LEAVE THIS FORUM ALIVE

Vargas

Yes | No

Uh Oh! The natives look restless. . .

Yes | No

That is a very terrible recording.

As a "daisy-wearing, terrorist-hugging, conspiracy theorist" (thanks W:p ) I find Dean to be a mealy mouth self serving bullshit artist. I like little Dennis! But I'll settle for another Skull and Bones member, Kerry. Ateast he went to Vietnam, unlike President AWOL.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 24th January 04 at 12:37 PM.

Vargas

Yes | No

Kerry? You mean the guy married to the rich ex-senator's wife? John "I made my money the old-fashioned way, I married it" Kerry? Shit, if you're looking for some rich bastards to skin, look no further. . .

Yes | No

Shit, I sure don't love the guy, I just think that Dean's an ass and can't win. Gov. same sex marriage guy vs Bush? Hopeless. Kerry, if he does it right IMHO, will run a Vietnam Vet vs Pres AWOL. From what I heard, Bush was snorting coke and getting busted for drunk driving while he was AWOL. The fucker should have done time.

Last edited by patfromlogan; 24th January 04 at 01:09 PM.

Vargas

Yes | No

Ah, the war-hero arguement. So, I take it you voted for Bob Dole in '96? I'm not trying to be a jackass or anything, I just find it odd to see Democrats (or non-GOPers, to be more precise) lining behind a guy because he went and did his duty in SE Asia 30 years ago. If you want to run a real war-hero for Prez, start an on-line petition for the other Kerrey (Bob Kerrey, democrat from Nebraska). Pretty hard to match a guy who won the Medal of Honor as a SEAL in Vietnam. Personally, I don't use war records as a litmus test for civilian leadership roles. It would be nice to think that combat veterans would make naturally better leaders, but that's not necessarily true. I've met plenty of combat vets (even flew with a couple) that I wouldn't trust to run a Boy Scout troop, much less send to Congress. It all depends on the person.

For that matter, most historians agree that U.S. Grant was the worst President to ever hold office. Great general, shitty commander-in-chief. Go figure. . .

Yes | No

I think Dean has been really racked for something that is not that important. He got a little excited, so what? At least he wasn't like Nixon in private, going off on some enemies list. He wasn't exhibiting paranoia or hate, and nothing to indicate he was is denial.

Vargas, your punishment for this thread will be the following. In two years you will be at a base somewhere and will be forced to stand in the hot sun in front of your helicopter for three hours on the directions of Karl Rove as Bush prances like a frat boy in front of the backdrop you provide in a rented flight suit telling everyone how he "won" in Iraq. If you can stomach that you are a stronger man then I.

BTW Pat I don't think that Bush was ever declared AWOL which is part of his privlege. If you, I, or Vargas wandered away from a military unit without checking in for six months they would sic the jag guys on us. (I request Catherine Bell) But he skated on it. I had an argument with one of my conservative friends in which he said, just because he didn't test well didn't mean he was a bad pilot, and I had to concede but he couldn't have been that good if he didn't even care enough to show up to practice.

Vargas

Yes | No

Oh, I'm not making any excuses for GWB's record. Sure, he's the CINC, so when he says jump, I start jumping. I did the same thing for eights years under Billy Bob. Presidents come and go, just like any other flavor of politician. Reagan was CINC when I was a cadet in 1988 and the same old arguements were being thrown around back then. Like I said, I'm just amused at how horrified the Left is over the whole 'Texas ANG, deserter, pampered frat boy' thing. If they want to start crucifying every U.S. male between the ages of 50 and 65 who dodged the draft or hid in the Guard/Reserves, go ahead, have a ball. I'll even chip in for the hammer and nails for ya. Just remember that what's good for the GOP goose is good for the Lefty gander.