Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which side forward??

Yes | No

Default Which side forward??

Yo Playaz,

I'm just curious, what side do you lead with? I mean most righties have their left side forward with the right hand cocked back, but I've seen many folks who fight with their strong side forward; right side forward. My former teacher told me to lead with my strongest side forward, that way my power punch and kicking leg (right hand; right leg) would be into the mix right away. Also, for me, it seems to serve my "trapping" techniques better.

I guess it depends on who you're fighting but I prefer my right side forward. What do you guys/gals prefer??

Yes | No

I used to lead with my stongest weapon, but that was used only agianst women :)

poet

Yes | No

I have always been a southpaw(sp.)

Yes | No

i am right handed but i trained myself to be southpawed

CIimax

Yes | No

i do both, just to try to throw the other person off.

Yes | No

I find that, by facing your attacker straight on, with you legs in a wide horse stance and your hands behind you back and eyes wide open and you chin up to give access to your throat, that, the attacker is so intimidated by your stance that he runs away in terror !!! please feel free to try this yourself.
    Last edited by Ronin; 20th November 03 at 02:59 PM.

Yes | No

I like my left side forward more, but I'll switch to change tactic. My right may be stronger but my left is faster.
    Spoiler:

HAPKO3

Yes | No

I am a lefty, and I fight with my right side forward. I believe in keeping the stronger weapon back. I believe in going for the knockout, and it works better for me to create openings with my weaker hand, and snipe with the stronger to finish the fight. The jab is your canopener, the cross is your spoon.

I have put a lot of effort into having power behind my jab, an especially the lead right (commited jab), though.

Yes | No

Originally posted by ronin69
    I find that, by facing your attacker straight on, with you legs in a wide horse stance and your hands behind you back and eyes wide open and you chin up to give access to your throat, that, the attacker is so inimidated by your stance that he runs away in terror !!! please feel free to try this yourself.
    Even better if this guy has a knife stuck in his testicles and he's yelling , "Twist it, I dare ya , i double dare!!"
    Spoiler:

Yes | No

"I find that, by facing your attacker straight on, with you legs in a wide horse stance and your hands behind you back and eyes wide open and you chin up to give access to your throat, that, the attacker is so inimidated by your stance that he runs away in terror !!! please feel free to try this yourself."

Ronin....are we feeling a little silly today!!!! Good point though.