Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘Conspirituality’ — the overlap between the New Age and conspiracy beliefs

Yes | No

Default ‘Conspirituality’ — the overlap between the New Age and conspiracy beliefs

Been spending waaay too much time following conspiracy types on Twitter, I dont bother engaging or trolling. The Q-berts are some crazy shit for sure.

But something that has been apparent for a long time, even before the lastest slew of bat shit crazy, has been link between the magical thinking of the 'we are all shifting into the next evolutionary stage of enlightment' types & the 'OMG they're going to round up & tag us!!!' types.

So it was nice to come across this article by Jules Evans

‘Conspirituality’ — the overlap between the New Age and conspiracy beliefs

..a rapidly growing web movement expressing an ideology fuelled by political disillusionment and the popularity of alternative worldviews. It has international celebrities, bestsellers, radio and TV stations. It offers a broad politico-spiritual philosophy based on two core convictions, the first traditional to conspiracy theory, the second rooted in the New Age: 1) a secret group covertly controls, or is trying to control, the political and social order, and 2) humanity is undergoing a ‘paradigm shift’ in consciousness. Proponents believe that the best strategy for dealing with the threat of a totalitarian ‘new world order’ is to act in accordance with an awakened ‘new paradigm’ worldview.
    Last edited by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin; 18th April 20 at 07:25 AM. Reason: NWO directive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

clumsy propaganda designed to associate all questioning of official state narratives with mental illness.
    Last edited by Cullion; 20th April 20 at 10:40 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Maybe move away from the 5G mast
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

I'm not worried about 5G. The key to discrediting sane observations about state and big corporate malpractice or bad intent is to mix them in with obvious nonsense (crystal energy fields, reptoids etc..) to discredit them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_..._abuse_scandal
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolf_Harris

If Jimmy Saville and Rolf had been just a tiny bit more politically powerful then there would still be a mass media campaign aimed at smearing their accusers and dismissing anybody who believed them as cranks. Look how long Jimmy got away with it, with the craven connivance of BBC employees who knew exactly what the score was but were more worried about not being able to make their next mortgage payment than defending children from rape.

I'm very sure stuff like this is going on still, in an organised way, amongst politically influential people.

Deep down you know Prince Andrew is a nonce, at the very least. Right?
    Last edited by Cullion; 20th April 20 at 11:45 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Yeah.

I think the main thrust of the article was about the similarities in magical thinking between new age dolphin shaggers & reptiles are eating our babies types. There certainly seems to be a convergence of these 2 streams at the moment.
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

It's always been there I think. It's just a natural meeting up of people who feel like 'outsiders' to the modern professional-class consensus of materialism and faith in paper credentials.

What the author is trying to do is defend their sense of stability and childhood trust in respectable authority figures from attack. Like the way Peter Hitchens wants the 1950s back, but from a centre-left post-60s perspective.
    Last edited by Cullion; 21st April 20 at 06:50 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

I definitely see more of a merging of the 2 in recet years with friends & access to the internet.

More people sharing stuff that even 2 years ago they would have considered far right conspiracy but now it has a new agey gloss they share with abandon.
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

Good. The plan is working.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

I would prefer that new agey crystal shit destroy the Abrahamic religions versus the other way around.

Yes | No

maybe the best way they could do that would be a merger

I once went to the Isle of Skye (fairly remote scottish island) and saw a weird shack advertising 'christian yoga'.

Fairly sure I smelled weed too.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME