Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris 'I'm a' Johnson seriously?

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

it's never too late to change your mind.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

maybe if we have another referendum :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I think you're right here.

Yes | No

I'm okay with that as long as the options are 'no deal', <other deals they said they'd accept, which so far is only May's>, 'ask to join EEA (Norway)' and 'ask to join EFTA (Swiss)', 'ask to join customs union (Turkey)', 'insist on FTA without border restrictions in Ireland than WTO rules if they refuse' are the options.

I wouldn't accept one that had 'undo the last vote we never acted on' as an option.

I would vote for the EFTA option if I got that referendum.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

BoJo's bizzare adventure gets ties up in the muller report

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/d...uiry-jlkztnfpx

The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing.

Yes | No

Some of the accusations made against Trump were made up by a former MI6 officer who now works freelance.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

some, but a small enough part of the overall debacle that trying to tie it into poison tree doctrine is a gargantuan leap.

If that was a damning detail he would not have been pestering the leaders of Italy, UK, Ukraine, and Australia to dig up dirt to make it all go away.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus View Post
    some, but a small enough part of the overall debacle that trying to tie it into poison tree doctrine is a gargantuan leap.

If that was a damning detail he would not have been pestering the leaders of Italy, UK, Ukraine, and Australia to dig up dirt to make it all go away.
    I suppose it depends on exactly what 'dig up dirt' means. It may have been reported like that when it actually means 'find evidence showing these allegations are false'.

Maybe that's not what it means, but I do remember Steve Bannon having selective quoting in mainstream papers that completely reversed the meaning of what he originally said.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

is a personal request from the president the proper way to conduct such an investigation? Wouldn't a conspiracy to undermine the authority of the president with falsehoods be something the FBI and CIA be very interested in, and not just direct presidential appointees? Is it appropriate for the president to be investigating this outside of standard investigatory bodies?

Yes | No

"is a personal request from the president the proper way to conduct such an investigation?" why shouldn't it be?

If you were accused of something you didn't do, and you thought an acquaintance could demonstrate it, wouldn't you ask them ?

"Wouldn't a conspiracy to undermine the authority of the president with falsehoods be something the FBI and CIA be very interested in, and not just direct presidential appointees"

That's a very naive thing to ask. It's quite obvious that there are people in the FBI and other US govt. agencies that are partisan against Trump. We're experiencing exactly the same kind of phoney-neutrality from sectors of the public service over brexit in the UK. The last two generations of education haven't prepared people to separate their personal feelings and political opinions on an issue from their professional judgement very well.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

" It's quite obvious that there are people in the FBI and other US govt. agencies that are partisan against Trump. We're experiencing exactly the same kind of phoney-neutrality from sectors of the public service over brexit in the UK."

there is a term for that, rampant corruption. if this is truly the case it's a very serious accusation that demands heavy handed and far reaching reforms. What it doesn't demand is cheekily going around said agencies.

since that is the course of action chosen, I'm inclined to believe the agencies in question are not the wrong party.