Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: a legal analisis of the muller report intended for laymens, but based in actual law

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    Use of averages IS bullshit in this context that's why politicians like to use them
    What the fuck are you talking about? All anybody ever has here is averages.

Are you saying that averages are the only statistical tool? LOL WTF?!? I mean you're supposed to be like clev0r & stuff init... LOLLIPOP!!
    In this context, yes.

aaaaaaaaaaand no that's not all you can say. For instance you could look at the distributions of benefits.........
    Distribution over what axis? *these figures already break down by economic strata and show benefits in all groups*
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Averages are only really useful if they are over normal distributions of data. If there's high kurtosis or skew then averages are not a useful statistic unless you are trying to hide something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.

Yes | No

An easy example for you (as you seem to be having a problem),

Take the following samples : 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1000000

Now does the average tell you anything meaningful about the underlying data?
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

Median or mean?
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Either's pretty useless, mode on the other hand......
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

So which people do you think got poorer as a result of their taxes being cut?
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

I dont know I dont have access to the raw data.

I think it would be interesting to see histograms based on population v benefit. I think stratifying based on economic class does have some benefit but obscures an important factor, ie how many people are getting how much. Also break downs of population v benefit within social classes would be helpful.

The tacit assumption is that all these histograms are normally distributed but who knows without access to tha data?
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

Everything you just said is irrelevant if you can't think of a single example of somebody who's disposable income went down because their taxes were reduced.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

What have I said that is inconsistent with my analysis of your poor methodology?
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

You haven't done an analysis. You just got so lost spouting about averages that you forgot that it's irrelevant to the original point; nobody has lost out and every socio-economic group has gained.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME