Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Its just an illusion

Yes | No

If only there were some kind of methodology to assess a level of confidence in conclusions drawn from a set of verifiably repeatable observations.
    "Trump is less a person than a collection of terrible traits." - Gary Cohn

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    If only there were some kind of methodology to assess a level of confidence in conclusions drawn from a set of verifiably repeatable observations.
    How confident are you that abiogenesis occurred, and why ? (show your calculation)
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    How confident are you that abiogenesis occurred, and why ?
    Not 100% but from my perspective its still the best contender. Its the one with the best verifiable data for instance.

I'm open to the idea that a non-biological intelligence may have been involved but as yet nobody (including you) has given anywhere as near the same level of support for such an idea as those who espouse abiogenesis.

Your argument about subjective accounts is just bollocks. Eliminating as much subjectivity as possible was precisely why Scientific Methodology was developed & why it is so effective. But you know that, your troll is weak, you know it, we know it.

(show your calculation)
    I wouldn't even know where to start. To even give a comprehesive review of the field, with its various degrees of confidence in the different thesis & hypothesis, would itself be months of full time work. Then how to synthesis that into a meanigful metric?

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    Not 100% but from my perspective its still the best contender. Its the one with the best verifiable data for instance.
    There's no evidence of it occurring. None.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

If abiogenesis is in fact how biological life started then every living thing is evidence.

I had to get away from those anuses Pie of Hate's Avatar

Yes | No

If abiogenesis is in fact how biological life started then every living thing is evidence.
    That argument can be made for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Other Side View Post
    If intelligent design is in fact how biological life started then every living thing is evidence.
    "Won't you stop citing laws to us who have our swords by our sides?" - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus

LOL

Yes | No

I know, it was a stupid proposition by Cullion in the first place.

I had to get away from those anuses Pie of Hate's Avatar

Yes | No

I know, it was a stupid proposition by Cullion in the first place.
    That's what I get for going straight to the last post. I'm now going to asphyxiate myself. Whilst masturbating, of course but it's still a punishment.
    "Won't you stop citing laws to us who have our swords by our sides?" - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus

LOL

Yes | No

vid?

Yes | No

That's a circular argument that muslims actually use for the existence of Allah.

Any truly rational scientific person would be deeply suspicious of abiogenesis if the implications of it being false weren't so theologically difficult for them.

This is 'spontaneous generation' repackaged, and it doesn't make any more sense now than it did in the 19th century.
    Last edited by Cullion; 1 Week Ago at 04:59 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME