Thread: Its just an illusion

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

No it didn't.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Well you would say that
    "Americas brave new world of evangelical coal-worshipping tribalism..." - ICU

Yes | No

Yes.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Tennessee man flips car five times when Jesus visits him personally and asked the man to let him take the wheel.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/ten...us-take-wheel/

You are right, Cullion! People see God! There are stories like this all the time, who am I to argue?
    "NoB's acquisitiveness is Zanshin like" - Dougie

"USA is 50 separate countries" - doof (tadpole farmer extraordinaire)

"I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith

Yes | No

He did see a God. What's contraversial about that?
    Last edited by Cullion; 26th January 18 at 09:24 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    They killed a lot more people than the religious societies that came right before them in the same population, and those which were contemporary to them.
    sum peepul need killin.
    Hertz doughnut

Yes | No

Ah, mitochondria.

Back in the old times, when all life was single celled... photosynthesis was invented by the cyanobacteria. This released a poisonous, toxic gas into the atmosphere that killed almost all life: oxygen.

There were few ways to survive. Most of the survivors were the cells that lived in places oxygen couldn't reach. The bottom of the ocean or other extreme environments for example. Therse were the extremophiles: the archaea, the anaerobic bacteria. Many remained there and still exist today. Not to be found on earth's oxygen rich surface.

Others though, were more clever. They survived by inventing chemical reactions that used up the oxygen. If the oxygen were used, it could not kill them, and they could continue to live on the earth's surface and away from extreme environments. These too, still remain today. Some became the modern day aerobic bacteria. Others, we now know by another name.

The third way to survive the threat of oxygen was the most ingenious... rather than invent your own chemistry to use up the oxygen... hold someone hostage who HAD found a way, and use their chemistry for your own selfish purpose. These cells engulfed some of those who had the chemistry to survive. They captured them. Made them live internally... almost as if they had become organs of their hosts. The cells who had learned to survive oxygen still continued to live though... they went generations and generations inside these host cells. The DNA of the two became intertwined and interdependent. over time.. none could live without the other. They were now one cell: the animal cell. A cell which could survive the oxygen plague because of its internal hostages which used to be free roaming beings of their own: what we now call the mitochondria.

Mitochondria are still their own beings.

They have their own cell cycle.

They have circular DNA, like bacteria

They replicate by binary fission, like bacteria

They have their own ribosomes, which resemble bacterial riosomes much more than the ribosomes of the nucleus

They even have a two-layered membrane.... an inner membrane that was always their own... from when they were living free.. and an outer membrane which remains from when they were taken hostage; engulfed and captured by their host.

is this the only time this happened? No. Once these cells discovered that the mitochondron's chemistry for using oxygen was also harnessed as an energy source... what better plan than to take another hostage? One to make the fuel... why breathe oxygen when you could have a second hostage make it within your own cells, then pass it straight to the mitochondria?

And so a new hostage was taken: the cyanobacteria that invented phytosynthesis in the first place. The oxygen makers: what we now know as the chloroplasts. Thus, the plants came to be, and they never needed to seek out their fuel again. Their two slave beings inside of them: the mitochondria and the chloroplasts, did it for them.
    "NoB's acquisitiveness is Zanshin like" - Dougie

"USA is 50 separate countries" - doof (tadpole farmer extraordinaire)

"I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith

"Americas brave new world of evangelical coal-worshipping tribalism..." - ICU

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    The structure isn't actually self-replicating if you read the article. Scientific journalism is shockingly bad these days.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME