Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: History You Weren't Taught in School

Yes | No

Default History You Weren't Taught in School

I know I wasn't taught hardly anything regarding history in school. At least K-12. It was all a bunch of glossed over propagandistic bullshit. If I hadn't of lived in Europe I would probably know very little of anything of European history.

Thankfully, my dad is a huge history buff (it was his undergrad degree) and drug us kids to every historical site and museum he could find wherever we lived, and often traveling great distances to see things in-person (castles, dungeons, concentration camps, ghettos, famous historical cities, battlefields, government buildings, historical science museums, et cetera).

I was also very interested in the ancient and middle ages and often read a great deal on my own.

But still, my education was greatly lacking... especially regarding the history of the last 150 years or so that so greatly changed the face of western society and the world as a whole.

To this day I'm still learning new things about this time period, and while there are great things like the times of the inventors/dreamers and great strides in science, most of it is absolutely horrible.

For instance, that documentary that was posted here about Public Relations: "The Century of the Self" was really eye opening for me at the time.

I just found out about the Banana Massacre in 1912 by watching this video and doing some other research...

http://vimeo.com/81230547

Basically the US propped up the Colombian government to kill its own people who were striking for basic rights (like being paid real money) so it could make a profit off of the Cavendish Banana; and stuff like this goes on all the time in this time period and set up several precedents for later and much more recent behavior by (at first US then later multinational) corporations such as the incident with Bechtel that I hope we are all familiar with.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Yes | No

During this time I feel like the United States would have become very fascist if what was going on in Europe during the World Wars hadn't of happened.

Communist (state run everything) ------- Democratic/Free Market -------- Fascist (state operated/propped up corps)

If you can bear with a continuum like that. I feel it is more like a circle with fascist and communist (despotic regimes) almost reaching around to each other.

I personally believe most of the world is run by kleptocracy now.

There was a time when several corporations had a conspiracy to hire a retired USMC general to raise an army of veterans and commit a coup of the government where he'd be a fascist dictator and prop up those corporations. Thankfully the general was an old patriot and didn't want anything to do with it and blew the whistle on them.
    Last edited by resolve; 10th December 13 at 04:04 PM.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

America is sliding towards a form of fascism. It's just not racist fascism.
    Last edited by Cullion; 10th December 13 at 04:06 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

Why don't you read one of the many books on how the church has rewritten history to serve its own agenda?

Yes | No

I think the whole dogma of "too big to fail" has a lot to do with it.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by EVOLVE View Post
    Why don't you read one of the many books on how the church has rewritten history to serve its own agenda?
    Lol @ "the church".

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by EVOLVE View Post
    All systems of social control involve control of the public perception of the past. The materialistic modern left make every effort to make the pre-modern past seem like a foreign country in their own way, too.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    America is sliding towards a form of fascism. It's just not racist fascism.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    All systems of social control involve control of the public perception of the past. The materialistic modern left make every effort to make the pre-modern past seem like a foreign country in their own way, too.
    Yes but not under the penalty of death

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by resolve View Post
    Lol @ "the church".
    Are you so afraid to learn the truth about your cult that you constantly have to type LOL like a pompous ignoramus?