Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: AMERICA!!! discuss.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Mass shooting deaths were down, but violent crime overall hit all-time highs in that period

The real problem is that large numbers of Americans live in relatively paranoid, isolated micro-societies with poor mental health and culturally reinforced messages about anger and retribution as righteous motives. From what I've seen in silicon valley Americans barely eat lunch together, much less form the kind of long-term workplace friendships normal for Asians and Europeans.

Their murder rate was way higher than the UK's 120 years ago when you could buy pretty much any firearm you wanted in the UK too. This society doesn't need a heavily armed remote bureaucracy kicking in doors and doing exactly what the people who wrote the 2nd amendment wrote it to prevent. They need a big hug.
    Last edited by Cullion; 5th August 19 at 12:27 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.

Yes | No

If you pick only one type of incident, you're not making a good point. Thats why your last post about the relatively tiny incidence of mass shootings missed the broader picture with violent crime.

Americans need guns to protect themselves from crazier americans.

'Active shooter' incident stats dont show you how many hot burglaries were prevented.
    Last edited by Cullion; 5th August 19 at 03:58 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

The assault rifle issue is a red herring

More people are killed with pistols day to day
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

Most of the shootings in the US are due to urban gang violence.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

It's pretty easy to get a rifle or shotgun here. You just need to join a gu club or have land that needs vermin control

There just isn't a culture of showing off guns or carrying them around openly, despite the violent history of the armed struggle and the troubles

The guards intervene quickly if anyone missuses legal fire arms

However, gun ownership here is not a right but a privalige which does help keep guns out of the hands of nut jobs
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

If you pick only one type of incident, you're not making a good point. Thats why your last post about the relatively tiny incidence of mass shootings missed the broader picture with violent crime.
    If that was the point I was making then I'd agree but it wasn't. There is a very vocal part of the debate that claims that ANY prohibition is a step too far yet the stats clearly show that SOME prohibition has a positive outcome.
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

A positive outcome *for one type of incident*. You aren't doing a net benefit analysis, you just *think* you are.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

I never mentioned *net benefit analysis* because I wasn't talking about *net benefit analysis*

Now be off with you & your *strawman*
    Short answer is no.