Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: AMERICA!!! discuss.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Paul Sartre View Post
    I didn't like the show, but with its frequent back and forth dialogues between liberal and conservative characters it had the potential to make some of the clueless masses at least realize there are different leaning folks out there who are OK people and maybe open some friendlier conversations or more centrist thinking.
    As a general rule people tend to get more entrenched in their partisan positions and do all their 'dialogue' on social media yelling SJW! and Nazi" at each other.
    Think irony

Yes | No

I never had time to watch the reboot, but shows like Roseanne, The Wonder Years, Married with Children and I Dream of Jeannie were the background at home in the late 80s and early 90s. My opinion of America was pretty much formed on that bucket as a child.

Yeah, she was silly to do that.
    "She's shown she's into Butterface not Butterbody, too." - Snake

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by NoBowie View Post
    Eagles of Death Metal's Jesse Hughes, a survivor of a mass-shooting incident, called the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School "disgusting vile abusers of the dead" for participating in the March for Our Lives protest.

Hughes penned his tirade in the caption of an Instagram post that mocked gun control and the efforts for stricter gun laws. "Obviously … The best thing to do to combat chronic abusers and disregarders of the law (like the law against Murder) is to ... pass another Law," Hughes wrote. "But before we pass this law we're going to denigrate the memory and curse ourselves by exploiting the death of 16 of our fellow students for a few Facebook likes and some media attention."

"Look how well civil rights abuses as it concerns firearms helped to protect me and my friends in Paris," Hughes added. Eagles of Death Metal were onstage at Paris' Bataclan on the night of November 13th, 2015, when armed terrorists stormed the venue and killed 89 people.
    LOL @ someone in a.'death metal ' band getting all upset about a bunch of death going on at a 'death metal ' concert

Perhaps they should reform as new country ensemble
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

Doofa doesn't understand death metal.
    Think irony

Yes | No

What's to understand?

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

It's like in Dungeons and Dragons where you don't *actually* attack each other with real swords
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Then perhaps they should rename it LARP metal and quit whingeing

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

I have no counterargument
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

You've gone soft on me

Yes | No

Death metal is more like artwork and less like a filthy bucketshitter posting videos of himself struggling to control a staff, if that helps you to grasp the concept.
    Think irony