Thread: Brexit? Yay or Nay?

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

More like how much the UK has to lose by driving the bus off the cliff
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I don't think it is. Most of our exports go to country outside the EU, and EU regulations are in some cases very burdensome to administer without providing significant environmental or customer benefit.

I think we'd be better off outside the EU now. If Thatcher had devalued our currency in the 80s at the same time as privatising and deregulating we'd be *much* wealthier now, and there'd be much less of a North/South divide.
    Were ifs and buts made of sugar and nuts, we'ed all have a merry Christmas
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

Originally Posted by Cullion
    I don't think it is. Most of our exports go to country outside the EU, and EU regulations are in some cases very burdensome to administer without providing significant environmental or customer benefit.

Most of the UK’s trade is with the EU or countries the EU has trade agreements with—about 57% of our exports and 66% of our imports in 2016.

I think we'd be better off outside the EU now.

Well I'm glad you cleared that up.

If Thatcher had devalued our currency in the 80s at the same time as privatising and deregulating we'd be *much* wealthier now, and there'd be much less of a North/South divide.

Not what I asked. Do you think that the UK would have been in such good economic shape had it remained outside of the EU?
    Last edited by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin; 9th April 19 at 04:14 AM. Reason: EU directive
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.

Yes | No

edit function has gone to shit btw
    Short answer is no.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

[QUOTE=Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin;1824129]

Most of the UK’s trade is with the EU or countries the EU has trade agreements with—about 57% of our exports and 66% of our imports in 2016.

You keep ignoring the actual nature of these 'trade agreements'. This has been mentioned, and thoroughly rebutted several times in this thread already. They're not FTAs or agreements on tariffs or goods standards in the main, but agreements on contraband and intellectual property which the UK will remain party to after leaving. The next step of dishonesty here is to lump these Non-EU countries in with the EU.

Most of our exports go to non-EU countries which we don't have an FTA with.

Not what I asked. Do you think that the UK would have been in such good economic shape had it remained outside of the EU?
    I think it would have been in better shape, because it wouldn't be as overregulated and we'd have FTAs with faster growing economies.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

You keep ignoring the actual nature of these 'trade agreements'. This has been mentioned, and thoroughly rebutted several times in this thread already. They're not FTAs or agreements on tariffs or goods standards in the main, but agreements on contraband and intellectual property which the UK will remain party to after leaving. The next step of dishonesty here is to lump these Non-EU countries in with the EU.
    I dont remember claiming they were FTAs. What makes you think that other countries would consider FTAs or that they would be beneficial to the UK to have them?

Most of our exports go to non-EU countries which we don't have an FTA with.
    Yes & what is it that we export? In fact have a real good look at what we export. The 3 main groupings are sectors that are deeply reliant on EU cooperation for their supply chains. Your statements like the one above are misleading & fail to address the underlying complexity of UK exports.
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

Also, so far I can ony find stats claiming that the EU (with whom we have a FTA) gets most of our exports when compared to any other trading block. Coul you provide your contrary source(s) Cullion?

The Observatory of Economic Complexity (MIT)

Statista

Worlds Top Exports

Trading Economics

I could go on.....
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    I dont remember claiming they were FTAs. What makes you think that other countries would consider FTAs
    Because they're already said they would.

or that they would be beneficial to the UK to have them?
    Wouldn't you like to have lower tariffs with our fastest growing trading partners ?

Yes & what is it that we export? In fact have a real good look at what we export. The 3 main groupings are sectors that are deeply reliant on EU cooperation for their supply chains. Your statements like the one above are misleading & fail to address the underlying complexity of UK exports.
    When you say 'cooperation' are you suggesting that the EU plans to violate WTO rules and deliberately hurt it's own exporters any time in the next decade ?
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
    Also, so far I can ony find stats claiming that the EU (with whom we have a FTA) gets most of our exports when compared to any other trading block. Coul you provide your contrary source(s) Cullion?

The Observatory of Economic Complexity (MIT)

Statista

Worlds Top Exports

Trading Economics

I could go on.....
    Christ you're so bad at handling data.

Here is the Office of National Statistics directly confirming my point (as do many of your own links if you could be bothered to read them and add up numbers)

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...to-outstrip-eu
    Last edited by Cullion; 9th April 19 at 04:49 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

Because they're already said they would.
    Links please.

Wouldn't you like to have lower tariffs with our fastest growing trading partners ?
    Depends on the effects to domestic businesses but yeah in a broad sense.

When you say 'cooperation' are you suggesting that the EU plans to violate WTO rules and deliberately hurt it's own exporters any time in the next decade ?
    No I'm suggesting that supply chains will be distrupted & those exports will be effected regardless of where they are going.

Christ you're so bad at handling data.
    Its a gift.

Here is the Office of National Statistics directly confirming my point (as do many of your own links if you could be bothered to read them and add up numbers)

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...to-outstrip-eu
    Thanks
    Short answer is no.