Page 86 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit? Yay or Nay?

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Üser Friendly View Post
    May should have consulted with parliment before she signed the deal with Brussels

She seems pretty incompetant
    She didn't even listen to the Brexit Minsters she appointed herself. Theresa May doesn't do listening.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus View Post
    not sure how that would work. trade deals are rarely worked out by all of parliament before approaching another power, that would be functionally impossible. although any leave voters who think another deal is possible need to remember how much the EU has to play hardball for the union to remain relevant. if it's on the UK's terms then how long before other large economies decide to break away? If such a trade agreement is easy to leave it falls apart with the first speed bump.
    It's easy to leave whether the EU likes it or not, because we're both still a members of the WTO.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    That figure is now 1.3trillion, with an annual loss to revenue in income tax of £600 million

Still Cullion will still have spam and bully beef to look forward to
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

One million remainers v's 200 brexiteers

I like those odds

Yes | No

The 1 million figure doesn't stack up very well against the 17.4 million who voted to leave.

The FT article is nonsense, btw. The figure quoted is from an imaginary scenario. Not something that has happened or will happen. They couldn't even use vaguely credible graphs to compare UK and EU economies in that article.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus View Post
    not sure how that would work. trade deals are rarely worked out by all of parliament before approaching another power, that would be functionally impossible. although any leave voters who think another deal is possible need to remember how much the EU has to play hardball for the union to remain relevant. if it's on the UK's terms then how long before other large economies decide to break away? If such a trade agreement is easy to leave it falls apart with the first speed bump.
    The deal in question is not a trade deal but a divorce settlement

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    The 1 million figure doesn't stack up very well against the 17.4 million who voted to leave.

The FT article is nonsense, btw. The figure quoted is from an imaginary scenario. Not something that has happened or will happen. They couldn't even use vaguely credible graphs to compare UK and EU economies in that article.
    The numbers that attended the remain march and the brexit counter march were widely reported on BBC and CNN to name just two

I expect you'll call it fake news

If you're so sure every one in the UK is so keen to leave the EU why not have a ratification vote and finaly put the issue to bed
    Last edited by Üser Friendly; 24th March 19 at 05:32 AM.

Yes | No

we don't need another vote. making people vote again until they get the answer they want is an old EU trick, as you in Ireland know all too well
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

One million people on the streets of London disagree. What was the last protest march that turned out those kinds of numbers?

But surely a second vote to leave would shut the remoaners once and for all?

Yes | No

I dont think you'll have to make people vote again, I suspect they'll do it voluntarily.
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.