Page 8 of 125 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit? Yay or Nay?

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

We don't need to apply import duties if we don't want to. The EU is not the only way to trade without duties by any stretch of the imagination, that's just part of the sales pitch to saddle Europeans with a new political elite few of them ever wanted or got an honest vote on.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

Is there a record of the EU not applying duties to goods imported from outside the EU?

My guess is they will tax goods from the UK post an out vote, and if the UK wants to remain competitive it will have to follow suit

But whilst trade is very important in the long term, I believe it is the vagaries of the stock markets that will have the biggest impact, certainly in the short to medium term, and the UK's ability to absorb losses to both share prices and currency value

If an exit makes the traders lose confidence in UK Ltd it could be a hard few years for the country
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Üser Friendly View Post
    Is there a record of the EU not applying duties to goods imported from outside the EU?

My guess is they will tax goods from the UK post an out vote, and if the UK wants to remain competitive it will have to follow suit
    But we import more from the EU than we export to it, so if they did that they'd be provoking us into a response that hurt them more.

If an exit makes the traders lose confidence in UK Ltd it could be a hard few years for the country
    I would worry more about traders losing confidence in an EU without a UK, than a UK without an EU.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    But we import more from the EU than we export to it, so if they did that they'd be provoking us into a response that hurt them more.
    Provoking, hurt? There is a lot of Blitz Spirit rhetoric there Cullion. Can you back that up with figures and links. A graph would be nice

I would worry more about traders losing confidence in an EU without a UK, than a UK without an EU.
    Well sales of tin foil hats should help burgeon the non EU UK

Yes | No

Provoking, hurt? There is a lot of Blitz Spirit rhetoric there Cullion.
    You're the one who suggested that deciding we didn't want to share a government with Germany would provoke a trade war.

Can you back that up with figures and links. A graph would be nice
    http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...t-/sty-eu.html

Yes, I can.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

You're the one who suggested that deciding we didn't want to share a government with Germany would provoke a trade war.
    Except I didn't use the term 'trade war'. That's what I'm talking about. You seem unable to discuss the issue without throwing in some war related rhetoric

You'll be fighting them on the beaches next

You might want to walk me through this one, but would I be right in saying red is imports from the EU to the UK, and blue is UK import to the EU?

So on first glance it seems that the EU exports more to the UK than the UK exports to the EU (2014). And as a whole they do. But the EU is 28 separate sovereign states, as you know

Now, the figures do not show which EU states are doing the exporting. There are 27 remaining EU states, so in theory each country is exporting 1:27 of the approx £270 billion, or £10 billion each

So whilst you are quite correct looking at the big picture, each EU state is down by £10 billion where as the UK is still down by £200 billion.

Which country do you think is going to feel it the most? One of the 27 or the UK?
    Last edited by Üser Friendly; 23rd March 16 at 02:18 AM.

Yes | No

Do you think, just perhaps, that the countries that would feel it the most might be the largest EU economies, with a proportionate degree of influence within the EU?

Again, you've made up a conflict, and it's a conflict which the EU would come out of worse.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

Do you think, just perhaps, that the countries that would feel it the most might be the largest EU economies, with a proportionate degree of influence within the EU?
    I think Ireland would feel it the most. You bastards! Germany and France will just go buy their Bibble from some place else

Again, you've made up a conflict, and it's a conflict which the EU would come out of worse.
    Again you use jingoistic, saber rattling rhetoric

And LOL at the "the EU would come out of worse."

http://www.voxeu.org/article/britain...onomic-history

The UK’s per capita GDP relative to the EU founding members’ declined steadily from 1945 to 1972. However, it was relatively stable between 1973 and 2010. This suggests substantial benefits from EU membership
    Who would you rather be a client state of Cullion? USA, RF, PRC? because those will be your options in the Brexit new world order
    Last edited by Üser Friendly; 23rd March 16 at 03:37 AM.

Yes | No

You see, the world is like a giant prison

If you're not in a gang you gonna get rayped, son

If the UK leaves the EU who's got your back in the shower?

Who's gonna stop stop Botswana from shanking you in the yard?

Who's gonna get you your medication?

You can either be a Playa in the EU or Uncle Sam's wife

But don't worry, he'll treat you like a real Lady, not like Russia or China

Yes | No

I think Ireland would feel it the most. You bastards!
    Only if you decided not to trade with us just because we left the EU. You don't have to do that. Unless the EU makes you. Is that what you'd want?

And LOL at the "the EU would come out of worse."
    They'd lose more export revenue than we would.

he UK’s per capita GDP relative to the EU founding members’ declined steadily from 1945 to 1972. However, it was relatively stable between 1973 and 2010. This suggests substantial benefits from EU membership
    That's an entirely spurious correlation. UK per Capita GDP declined during that period because we were a collapsing imperial power. Eventually that collapse stabilised. Would've happened inside or outside the EU. Compare the growth of the following economies over that period: EU, UK, Hong Kong, US, Switzerland, Australia

Who would you rather be a client state of Cullion? USA, RF, PRC? because those will be your options in the Brexit new world order
    The USA
    Last edited by Cullion; 23rd March 16 at 02:37 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME