Page 76 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit? Yay or Nay?

Yes | No

If remain had won then we wouldnt be in this mess.

Looks like Airbus will move come a no deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    If remain had won then we wouldnt be in this mess.
    Remain didn't win. We also wouldn't be in this mess if May and a rump of Tory MPs hadn't decided to start campaigning against their own manifesto.

Looks like Airbus will move come a no deal.
    We'll live.
    Last edited by Cullion; 25th January 19 at 12:39 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

That's not how general elections work. No reason why this one has to either.
    a representative is usually expected to represent everyone in their riding. their own supporters carry the most weight, but even those who don't vote are still the charge of their MP.

There isn't any need to compromise with the people who didn't want to leave and you wouldn't be making this argument if remain had won by a 52-48% margin.
    I'd be celebrating that the referendum didn't lead to rash action half the country disagrees with. end of the day a referendum is simply a tool for killing good ideas and getting bad ideas on the law books. Parliamentarians are fully capable of doing their jobs without inviting a media circus and boiling down a complicated issue into a simple yes or no question, when a politician wants that it's because he thinks he can gin up 50%+1 as long as he's being fact checked on the news and not during question period.

you motherfuckers need a Clarity Act or this is going to get out of hand.

The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing.

Yes | No

Remain didn't win. We also wouldn't be in this mess if May and a rump of Tory MPs hadn't decided to start campaigning against their own manifesto.

We'll live.
    Sure you'll be OK. I know a lot of people who will be fucked over by a no deal scenario. There's a lot of trepidation in the SME communittees but I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

lolz.

Why should they accept a deal that deliberately violates their own party's manifesto promises ? May made a speech where she insisted she planned to leave the Customs Union, Single Market and ECJ jurisdiction then set up a new govt. department which she ignored for 18 months whilst conniving with a civil servant with a publicly-known history of supporting Eurofederalism. The deal was rejected by everybody in parliament except a rump of Tory ministers and hardline remoaners. The vote loss didn't hinge on the ERG and DUP, it was the biggest ever defeat of a sitting govt's bill.

That stupid thing the EU got the Irish to do, where you keep voting until the EU gets a result it likes then the voting stops? We're not going to to that here.
    One reason that RoI voted against ratification of the Nice treaty was due to misinformation put about by Eurosceptics, and yo might note that the second referendum was passed after the Irish govt negotiated consesions

The Irish voters were pragmatic because they value the benefits that EU membership brings

That pragmatism and willingness to negotiate apears to be absent in the loony right of the Conservative party

Did they even consider the Good Friday Agreement? There is a real fear here that all these shenanigans that the DUP are playing at will start up the Troubles again. Are you prepared to sacrifice peace to atain an idologically pure Brexit? What is your solution if there is not a 'back stop' arrangement?

Remember N Ireland voted to remain, and now the corrupt DUP are calling the shots. Not very democratic if you ask me

And don't think i haven't noticed that you ducked the question about whether Leave would win a second referendum. The Brexiteers are so worried about referendum 2 that they are finally accepting they might have to compromise on an exit deal
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

We'll see how Ireland feels about it after the EU decimates your high-value employers by stripping the Irish govt. of the right to set its own corporation tax levels.

Northern Ireland doesn't get a separate outcome for its vote any more than Wales or Cornwall or Northamptonshire do.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    Sure you'll be OK. I know a lot of people who will be fucked over by a no deal scenario.
    No you don't.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

Weak

Yes | No

We'll see how Ireland feels about it after the EU decimates your high-value employers by stripping the Irish govt. of the right to set its own corporation tax levels.

Northern Ireland doesn't get a separate outcome for its vote any more than Wales or Cornwall or Northamptonshire do.

so they should have their own referendum.

The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing.

Yes | No

Perhaps the UK should only get one General Election and just have to put up with the outcome for ever

By your logic Cullion

And how very English of you to compare Wales and NI to English counties

That's the kind of arrogance that the rest of the world finds so objectionable and also the reason so many English voted to leave

News flash- you don't have am empire any more
    Last edited by Üser Friendly; 27th January 19 at 06:19 AM.