Page 57 of 125 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit? Yay or Nay?

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

First off, as a UK citizen I will lose EU citizenship with all the advantages that brings

And because the brits are making such a shit job of the whole thing, I also worry about my future living in Ireland

While I think it unlikely that there will be mass deportations of UK citizens, I can't rule it out

It also pisses me off that I was disenfranchised on such a serious and permanent issue, especially since the result was so close
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

The common travel area between the UK and Ireland predates the EU and is a much deeper level of integration. You're not going to be kicked out of Ireland any more than my mum is going to be kicked out of the UK. You are scaring yourself unnecessarily.

Why haven't you applied to be an Irish citizen after all these years if your only concern is maintaining EU citizenship?
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

The Good Friday Agreement pre dates the Brexit referendum, but that doesn't seem bother the hard Brexit brigade

Until the deal is done there are no guarantees of anything and nothing is off the table

Who knows what hare brained scheme the likes of Boris might come up with if he gets his rotund arse on the lavatory of number 10?

The main barrier to the wife and me getting Irish citizenship is the cost. It could be as much as €4k for the pair of us, with no guarantee of success and no refunds

That's a lot of wasabi

Yes | No

The Good Friday Agreement didn't include any stipulation that the UK remains part of the EU. The UK has no intention of putting up a hard border in Ireland. The only way that will happen is if the EU forces the Irish Republic to. Think very carefully about whether they are really your friends.
    Last edited by Cullion; 30th July 18 at 11:41 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

The UK government hasn't got a plan with regards the Irish border

That is one of many unsettling issues surrounding this shambolic Brexit process

However, it's extremely hypocritical for Brexiteers to choose to leave the EU in order to "regain sovereignty over our borders" only to leave a gaping back door open to all those dangerous immigrants because "it's too hard to resolve"

Yes | No

It's not hypocritical at all. We've had free movement between the Republic and the UK for decades before the EU existed. The only party that wants a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic is the EU.

Watch Verhofstadt wriggle when questioned by Rees-Mogg on this topic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dYGZyJ5Hmw
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

The EU doesn't want any hard border between north and south, that's a cop out

But if the British government can't or won't get it's shit together and come up with a viable plan it will have one imposed upon it

The ball is in Theresa's court

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Üser Friendly View Post
    The EU doesn't want any hard border between north and south, that's a cop out

But if the British government can't or won't get it's shit together and come up with a viable plan it will have one imposed upon it
    Why will it have one imposed on it if the EU doesn't want one?
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

Because the UK is leaving the EU

Are you arguing that the EU should have no border controls with it's neighbours?

Yes | No

To be clear; do you now concede that the only reason why there would be a hard border between the Republic and Northern Ireland is if the EU insists on one ?

Why should leaving the EU require a hard border between the Republic and Northern Ireland?
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME