Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit? Yay or Nay?

Yes | No

If the referendum was tomorrow which way would you vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

I don't know. It really depends on the deal offered to keep us in. I am happy with the freedom of travel and trade with the EU.

Things I'd like rolled back?
    I want our civil and criminal law to be entirely based on acts passed in parliament, and criminal law to be enforced only by UK courts. I want no barriers to Commonwealth and US trade or immigration.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

So has the panel changed its mind about this?

Its getting closer. Governor of the Bank of England Mark Carney has come out as pro-EU it seems..

Carney, speaking in Oxford on Wednesday evening, said Britain was possibly “the leading beneficiary” of the EU’s single market, and that being in the bloc had been one of the drivers of its strong economic performance in the four decades since it first joined.

“Overall EU membership has increased the openness of the UK economy, facilitating dynamism but also creating some monetary and financial stability challenges for the Bank of England to manage,” Carney said. “Thus far, we have been able to meet these challenges.”
    Full Guardian article.
    Short answer is no.

I had to get away from those anuses Pie of Hate's Avatar

Yes | No

Boris says leave. Carney's argument is invalid.
    "Won't you stop citing laws to us who have our swords by our sides?" - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus

LOL

Yes | No

It's really about what comes next for the EU. If Britain wants economic sovereignty, then it should probably leave. That would leave Germany holding a very large bag of debt. The other option is that Britain stays, and becomes an active participant in carving up Southern Europe's economy.

Option A looks better initially, but consider that carefully over another 50 year window. Having influence in the EU could mean that Britain is better able to protect it's trade, get paid back any monies owed, and drive economic development to it's own shores more easily.

Or not. It's complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntactical Dysruptorize
    Stop being nice. Start doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    ...Also, never take a shit and throw it into a deep fryer. I really regret doing that.

Yes | No

It would be nice not having to field project worth north of £1M to Europe but on the downside, we have very few homegrown companies left that that can handle projects of that size and still deliver on (or really close to) budget left. It's a double edged sword to be sure.
    "Won't you stop citing laws to us who have our swords by our sides?" - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus

LOL

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

How will you vote Cake, Dr, Dougie and Cullion?
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

I'm going to be voting to say in unless better arguments are presented. I confess to a personal bias due to the massive cluster fuck this is going to cause Pan-European scientific collaboration & funding.
    Last edited by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin; 22nd February 16 at 05:45 PM. Reason: honey bee lets fly to Mars
    Short answer is no.

Yes | No

It's a tough vote. I'll need to source some real information, outside of the scaremongering, before I could cast a vote. My gut says to stay but I've yet to come up with a logical reason for this.

LOL

Yes | No

You sound like resolve
    Short answer is no.