Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798

Thread: Brexit? Yay or Nay?

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

I think I've proved that it's a 'project fear' negotiating ploy pretty conclusively.

Voting for the deal would he stupid for 2 reasons: -

1) It would force us to remain subject to EU rule with no way of unilaterally leaving.

2) We don't need to agree to it to keep the border open. If we wont close it, and your govt. wont close it willingly, then its an empty bluff on the EUs part. They're literally pretending they'll force your government to violate the GFA as part of an attempt to control the UKs trade policy. Bullshit. They can fuck off. And if you had any sense you'd tell them to fuck off too.
    Last edited by Cullion; 2 Days Ago at 07:55 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

This kind of brinksmanship is sure to end in tears
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I think I've proved that it's a 'project fear' negotiating ploy pretty conclusively.

Voting for the deal would he stupid for 2 reasons: -

1) It would force us to remain subject to EU rule with no way of unilaterally leaving.

2) We don't need to agree to it to keep the border open. If we wont close it, and your govt. wont close it willingly, then its an empty bluff on the EUs part. They're literally pretending they'll force your government to violate the GFA as part of an attempt to control the UKs trade policy. Bullshit. They can fuck off. And if you had any sense you'd tell them to fuck off too.
    Your argument all sounds very reasonable and considered

However one important aspect that you continue to over look is the fact that you can not predict how any government policy will change or how any particular government will change in the future

Sure, perhaps the current batch of leadership can be trusted not to do something reckless, but trump has shown us that it is all too easy for a nincompoop or a demigog to get their little hands on the levers of power

Thus the important matters, such as the GFA need to be protected by legally binding international agreements

And as you well know, if the UK wants to trade with any other country, be it the US, PRC or EU, the UK is going to have to be subject to the rules of that trading block

This "Pure Brexit" expoused by the loony right is a myth

Yes | No

Your whole argument is based on ignoring what people put in writing and saying 'yeah but anything might change'. You could justify *anything* that way.

You dont seem to understand mutual recognition of standards. It's absolutely untrue that the whole UK economy must meed the standards of a given country in order for some UK businesses to export there.

We dont so that for the US today.
    Last edited by Cullion; 10 Hours Ago at 04:14 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

There is a difference between a gvt policy document and a treaty between two soverign states, as you must know

A gvt policy can change on a whim without any legal consiquence

Breaking a treaty has legal consiquences

But you know this alteady, but the leave dogma is so weak you are forced to make ridiculous argumentd and obviously fake claims like the EU is going to throw RoI under the bus or the European Commision wants a hard border in Ireland

Yes | No

You're trying to segue away from something obvious:-

1) The British govt. has publicly said, several time, it doesn't want to close the border

2) The vast majority of Irish people (whether in the Republic or the North) don't want to close the border.

3) The EU, speaking through Varadkar, is the only party that's said it may 'have' to close the border.

This is fact. You're still working through the cognitive dissonance. The EU is using Ireland as a negotiating chip.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME