Page 74 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1250

Thread: Brexit? Yay or Nay?

  1. #731


    Yes | No

    Default

    Yes I can understand why people dont like the idea of consulting the public prior to a major decision.

    Far too democractic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I think you're right here.

  2. #732
    If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39,803


    Yes | No

    Default

    Already did that. Now they have to implement it.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

    Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

  3. #733


    Yes | No

    Default

    No they dont & although I think Brexit is a monumentally stupid idea, I'd be happy with a Canada++ deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I think you're right here.

  4. #734
    If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39,803


    Yes | No

    Default

    Yeah they do.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

    Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

  5. #735


    Yes | No

    Default

    errrr no they dont, for instance they could consult the public again....... You know a referendum, I get that you're struggling with this particular part of our constitution but it is an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I think you're right here.

  6. #736
    My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    6,367


    Yes | No

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    It's too late, they already had a chance to vote on this issue. We can't just keep re-running referendums without implementing the result until the side that urban liberals prefer wins. That's absurd.
    There are plenty of young people that were too young to vote in referendum 1.0 that now have a mandate, and plenty of old brexiteers that have since died of old age

    The only reason for brexiteers to fear referendum 2.0 is because they know they'd lose

    To make it fair we'ed have to do best of 3 and hold referendum 3.0 to confirm the results in a couple of years

    For balance
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

  7. #737
    If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39,803


    Yes | No

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    errrr no they dont, for instance they could consult the public again....... You know a referendum, I get that you're struggling with this particular part of our constitution but it is an option.
    I understand you completely, I'm just telling you that you're wrong. Making people re-vote until you get the result you like will result in the complete disintegration in respect for the democratic process and civil unrest.
    Last edited by Cullion; 19th January 19 at 06:34 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

    Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

  8. #738
    Senior Member Robot Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,156


    1
    Yes | No

    Default

    and my position is that this is why referendums need a 2/3 rule. it adds finality to the proceedings. also helps avoid using direct democracy to run roughshod over checks and balances.

    a second vote is no more valid then the first if it's 50% plus a single vote.


    The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing.

  9. #739


    Yes | No

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I understand you completely, I'm just telling you that you're wrong. Making people re-vote until you get the result you like will result in the complete disintegration in respect for the democratic process and civil unrest.

    Who says the Remain side will win? I know plenty of people who were Remainers who would now vote Leave. The Lexit brigade have made some headway in recent months.

    I think a consultantion with the public would be the most democratic option & I agree with RJ about the 60% thing.

    What do think of the No Deal thing Cullion? Do you think its OK for Parliment to block a No Deal Brexit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I think you're right here.

  10. #740
    If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39,803


    Yes | No

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    Who says the Remain side will win? I know plenty of people who were Remainers who would now vote Leave. The Lexit brigade have made some headway in recent months.

    I think a consultantion with the public would be the most democratic option & I agree with RJ about the 60% thing.
    It doesn't matter which side would win. Re-running the vote saying 'we didn't like the first result so you have to do it again and this time you need to get over 60% to leave' would see rioting in the streets before the vote was held. We didn't apply those rules on the way in so there's no reason why we should apply them on the way out. A lot of people who are too used to getting their way politically are just going t have to accept the result now.

    What do think of the No Deal thing Cullion? Do you think its OK for Parliment to block a No Deal Brexit?
    No, because they already voted to hold the referendum (and respect the result) and then passed a law giving a date when we would leave. They're not really trying to block WTO rules exit. They're trying to block any exit that has us leave the Customes Union, Single Market and ECJ jurisdiction, despite those things all being in the manifesto of the party that won the last general election.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

    Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
◮ Top