Page 96 of 112 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit? Yay or Nay?

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Üser Friendly View Post
    How will you stop all those pesky immigrants if you don't check all the trucks
    That won't be any different than now. Why would it be ?

Isn't keeping the immigrants out the whole point of Brexit
    Not for me. But immigration and customs checks are completely separate things. EU citizens arriving in the UK get their passports checked today already, we never joined Schengen. Visa free travel doesn't depend on EU 'freedom of movement'; EU Freedom of movement is about the right to take up residence and take a job without needing a work permit. None of this has anything to do with border checks. I didn't even need a visa to go to Japan, so that's not going to change within Europe.

How is the EU going to ensure UK imports are up to EU standards if they are not checked.
    The same way they know Chinese imports are up to standard without checking them.

God knows what kinds of below par shit the Brits will try to flog us Europeans after you abandon EU stadards?
    You mean like VW cars that give fake CO2 readings due to deliberately hidden software ?
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Well Cullion make it sound all tickity boo. Why havent we left already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.

Yes | No

Because most of our MPs are remainers who are far too self-important to accept the result of a vote they voted to hold.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin View Post
    Well Cullion make it sound all tickity boo. Why havent we left already?

Yes | No

Because most of our MPs are remainers who are far too self-important to accept the result of a vote they voted to hold.

See, I told you it was politicians.
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

Looks like Nancy is laying down the law

No trade deals with USA if the Good Friday Agreement is harmed

LOL at Brexiteers. Hate being vassals of Brussels and will end up vassals of Washington
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

Nancy Pelosi doesn't understand the Good Friday agreement.
    The only party who has raised the idea of a hard border is the EU.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

Yet the loony right and unionist nutbags refuse to agree to a mechanism that will ensure an open border

It's almost as if the Brexiteers don't realy want to leave when they keep finding reasons not to support the deal
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

The only thing that would prevent an open border would be the EU ordering the Republic to close it, and the Republic complying with those orders.

The UK government clearly stated it would erect no border in the event of no deal. The 'right wing nutters' compaigning for the Tory party to follow its own manigesto don't want to close the border either. An Irish politican was on 'Question Time' a couple of weeks ago and said that the Irish govt. wouldn't either. When the editor of the Telegraph asked her in front of the audience 'so who would close the border, if we won't and you won't?', she was unable to answer.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

The only thing that would prevent an open border would be the EU ordering the Republic to close it, and the Republic complying with those orders.

The UK government clearly stated it would erect no border in the event of no deal. The 'right wing nutters' compaigning for the Tory party to follow its own manigesto don't want to close the border either. An Irish politican was on 'Question Time' a couple of weeks ago and said that the Irish govt. wouldn't either. When the editor of the Telegraph asked her in front of the audience 'so who would close the border, if we won't and you won't?', she was unable to answer.