Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Islam and Christianity: Is it the same God?

Yes | No

What does authority, glory, and -SOVEREIGN- power when given from God mean to you?

Jesus is begotten from God's spirit and placed into a human body and as this fully human being (a human is an animal body with a soul/spirit) with fully divine essence He was thus gifted with all the authority, glory, and sovereign power from heaven. He knew God as His God and Father because He is His Son.

Why do you think christianity harps on adoption so much; becoming sons and daughters of God? Because through believing in Jesus and following His way we can be adopted into God's family. Not just redeemed from sin and the destruction of our souls.

Sometimes in the Old Testament it will even state when God does something like

"YHWH does this from/out of YHWH" indicating again what has already been stated.

And the words used for God's nature in the Old Testament mean singular and plural together.

The same words used for "cluster of grapes" and "union of a man and woman" when there are other words used for the specific singular that are not used in this reference to God.
    Last edited by resolve; 8th May 15 at 12:30 AM.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Molestulo View Post
    The best way to find out about transcendent beings is to consult the ramblings of ancient dipshits.

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."

1 Corinthians 1:27
    Last edited by resolve; 8th May 15 at 12:01 AM. Reason: formatting, again
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by modern dipshit View Post
    "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."

1 ancient dipshits 1:27
    The meek shall inherit nothing.
    Last edited by nihilist; 8th May 15 at 12:07 AM.

Hermetic Syntactical Disruptorize's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Molestulo View Post
    The meek shall inherit nothing.
    And if they did, the strong would take it from them shortly thereafter. This isn't necessarily an immoral act. Weakness does not imply virtue.
    You know where you'll find sympathy: In the dictionary, between "syphilis" and "suicide".

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by resolve View Post
    NVM I'll just requote it for the lazy.
    Jesus claimed to be the Messiah in that quote, not God. The Messiah isn't God. The messiah was always a human being in Jewish prophecy. This quote describes a man being annointed by God to become a King. It does not describe God manifesting in human form. I am perplexed that you don't understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word.
    Are you suggesting that Jesus thought he was his own father, and obeyed himself?

This is nuts. No 1st century Jew who followed Jesus believed what you believe. This is hellenestic paganism mixed in centuries later, which you're torturing the plain meaning of words to try and justify.
    Last edited by Cullion; 8th May 15 at 03:45 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

This is not true.
    Appears to be

Then this debate with the same guy may serve you better if that's what you are directly looking for.
    I'm not looking, you're trying to show something, there's a difference. Whilst you may get off on listening to 3 hours of self confirmation, after siting through the last video you posed by that guy, I'm gonna give it a miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    I think you're right here.

Yes | No

Note to resolve: Muslims believe that Jesus was the messiah too. Just not God.

Hope this helps.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Jesus claimed to be the Messiah in that quote, not God.
    You really don't understand the quote then.

The Messiah isn't God. The messiah was always a human being in Jewish prophecy.
    Yes, but He was also divine in the very same prophecies. This is what the Muslims REFUSE to understand because Mohammad wrote against it. The Koran was purposefully written to discredit the Judeo-Christian tradition by distorting those very traditions. How do you get a human being which is made of animal and special soul that is divine? By the spirit being divine.

This is nuts. No 1st century Jew who followed Jesus believed what you believe.

You'd be very, very surprised.

Jesus is not the Father, but He is -of- the Father. Begotten. He is part of the Father, identified as 'the word'. It's a very important concept, and one that was the most important to the disciples.

I really wish you would read the book of Acts. I also wish you would watch that debate between the two Dr.'s I posted.

I will simply ask you a question.

Who is 'us'?

And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” – Genesis 3:22

God is singular and plural at once from the very earliest scriptures to the last. Elohim was the first word used for God. And it is plural. But God Himself asserts He is one. So how is that? I had addressed these earlier in another thread, to which you just waved your hand and dismissed even when history and theology agree with me.

The Bible itself is actually remarkably consistent on this matter, even if people haven't been.

You glean the surface of a thing and then try to deduce from there what is going on at a deeper level. It is your modus operandi. It is also why you are filled with knowledge but understand nothing.
    Last edited by resolve; 9th May 15 at 05:26 PM.

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

The best part of jebus ran down the crack of Mary's prayer cloth.

Yes | No

You really don't understand the quote then.
    Yes I do.

Yes, but He was also divine in the very same prophecies. This is what the Muslims REFUSE to understand because Mohammad wrote against it.
    Muslims think Jesus was the messiah, created directly by God without having a human father, and performed many miracles. They agree with the New Testament about all these things. They just don't think he was God. One reason for this, is that Jesus himself said several times that he was not God, as I've already shown you.

The Koran was purposefully written to discredit the Judeo-Christian tradition by distorting those very traditions. How do you get a human being which is made of animal and special soul that is divine? By the spirit being divine.
    This is your own tortured logic. Jesus himself says in plain language that he is not God. The tradition of your ancestors about this is deeply embedded in your psyche but simply wrong, in obvious contradiction with the original source.

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
    Ah, so now it's down to mistranslation of Hebrew.

Tell me resolve, why do all hebrew speaking Rabbis disagree with you on this issue?

Do you think that when our Queen uses the 'royal We', she's actually claiming to be more than one person? No? is it possible that there are situations where common grammar particles take on different meanings in languages other than English?
    Last edited by Cullion; 10th May 15 at 10:39 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME