Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 132

Thread: Islam and Christianity: Is it the same God?

  1. #101
    I had to get away from those anuses Pie of Hate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,797


    Yes | No

    Default

    "Won't you stop citing laws to us who have our swords by our sides?" - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus

    LOL

  2. #102


    1
    Yes | No

    Default

    There seems to be a theme developing....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I think you're right here.

  3. #103
    I had to get away from those anuses Pie of Hate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,797


    Yes | No

    Default

    Can't see it myself.
    "Won't you stop citing laws to us who have our swords by our sides?" - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus

    LOL

  4. #104


    2
    Yes | No

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. LiesAnders Spooner View Post
    There seems to be a theme developing....
    Robocup?
    "NoB's acquisitiveness is Zanshin like" - Dougie

    "USA is 50 separate countries" - doof (tadpole farmer extraordinaire)

    "I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith

  5. #105
    I had to get away from those anuses Pie of Hate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,797


    1
    Yes | No

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoB'sBallin' View Post
    "Won't you stop citing laws to us who have our swords by our sides?" - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus

    LOL

  6. #106
    (╯□)╯︵ ǝpıɔoıɔos resolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,005


    Yes | No

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. LiesAnders Spooner View Post
    I listened & he just trots out the same line as you
    This is not true.

    but not once does really address the development of Trinitarianism over Unitarianism in the early Christian churches.
    Then this debate with the same guy may serve you better if that's what you are directly looking for.


    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWpqqqZn7Kg
    Last edited by resolve; 7th May 15 at 11:39 PM. Reason: formatting
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

  7. #107
    not long for this world nihilist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    36,605


    Yes | No

    Default

    The best way to find out about transcendent beings is to consult the ramblings of ancient dipshits.

  8. #108
    (╯□)╯︵ ǝpıɔoıɔos resolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,005


    0
    Yes | No

    Default

    Cullion, you know very well that taking something out of context is taking something out of its discussional, historical, and relational meaning thereby stripping what was said of part of its true meaning.

    You quote John 8:40 which in context says:

    Quote Originally Posted by John 8
    Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.


    I know that you are Abraham's descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. I am telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father. "Abraham is our father," they answered. "If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do what Abraham did.


    As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the works of your own father." "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.


    Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!


    Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."


    The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed? "I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me.


    I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."


    At this they exclaimed, "Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that whoever obeys your word will never taste death. Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?"


    Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word.


    Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad." "You are not yet fifty years old," they said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!" "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" (Divine name used here)


    At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.
    Last edited by resolve; 7th May 15 at 11:49 PM. Reason: formatting
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

  9. #109
    (╯□)╯︵ ǝpıɔoıɔos resolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,005


    0
    Yes | No

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    This is not a description of the eternal & omniscient creator of the universe masquerading as a human. This is a description of a mortal, limited human who channels some kind of supernatural power from a more powerful source.
    He never masqueraded as a human.

    This is what you don't get.

    It was God's divine essence IN A HUMAN BODY. Fully God and fully man!

    All the limits of mankind, but with the authority that comes from being part of God. The Son to the Father.

    This is why he could "channel" energy. He had the authority to do so because He was part of God.

    Please see my reply to your post in CTC for more on that line of thought.
    Last edited by resolve; 7th May 15 at 11:53 PM.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

  10. #110
    (╯□)╯︵ ǝpıɔoıɔos resolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,005


    0
    Yes | No

    Default

    NVM I'll just requote it for the lazy.

    "Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?” “I am,” (divine name used here) said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man (the divine Son of Man in the Daniel prophecies) sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.” The high priest tore his clothes. “Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. “You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?” They all condemned him as worthy of death."

    Mark 14:63-64

    Daniel mention for completeness:

    "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

    Daniel 7:13-14
    Last edited by resolve; 7th May 15 at 11:54 PM.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
◮ Top