Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: THERE ARE NO @#!$ING SHORTCUTS

Unintentional Rayp'ist Spade: The Real Snake's Avatar

Yes | No

Well, considering they fix *everything*......
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    What Snake Said
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Snake is also correct about EVERYTHING.

Yes | No

Yes, I was tilting at NoBmills - love that phrase, btw. It wasn't directed at NoB, really.

But then, there was this shit:

Quote Originally Posted by Royal NoB View Post
    You completely misunderstand everything and are ranting like an old man.

Do you really think I take a bunch of shortcuts in my life? Fuck you.

I worked two fucking full time jobs during school and two jobs after school was done until I had enough experience to get my current job.

Then I worked 65 hours a week for my current job and traveled my ass off for a year and a half to prove that I could manage things.

Don't fucking tell me I am lazy because I have a fruit / vegetable smoothie for lunch. Or if you do, realize you are fucking wrong.

I have regular cardio (concept2 rowing machine) now and I am using free weights. I do prepare meals when I am home.

Arnold Schwarzenegger said it best on Reddit:

"Everybody, behave and stop bickering. This is about inspiring more people to get into fitness. I've never understood people who argue constantly about who is wrong and who is right in fitness and health, because the fact is, there are many "right" answers, especially for people just starting out.

Do you think Sergio Oliva and I did the same thing? No. In fact, you could walk into Gold's and watch the 5 best guys and see 5 completely different routines and 5 different diets. And you know what? We didn't argue.

Do me a favor. Try to focus more on expanding the fitness and health community as a whole than protecting your little corner of it."

P.S. Dipwad, there are shortcuts. I am making six figures today because when an emergency arises, I can fucking get the job done with what I have on hand in the time I have to do it.

Assess, Execute.

Give us both an emergent business problem and I will have implemented a viable solution while you are still in your precious planning phase.

You seem like you are stuck in a long term financial planning mindset. That doesn't work for most other areas of business. Or life.

My response:

Waitaminute. You spend an entire post telling me about the shortcuts you are not taking, then end by telling me that there ARE shortcuts that work?

I don't have a problem with 'viable solutions' that are immediate. I am a small business owner. I do not have the luxury of infinite time or resources, so believe me when I tell you that I solve problems as quickly as possible and move on. That is NOT what I was referring to, as I hope you now understand.

I don't know if my examples really spoke to your experiences, NoB. Perhaps I said it in a way you cannot relate to. Try this one:

I know someone who is married for going on 20 years. Not happily. Four kids. He finds a text from his wife to her sister that says 'It's probably worth it to wait for his dad to die before I leave'.

Faced with this scenario, what would you do? What I would do is this: 1.) Confront wife. 2.) Get lawyer 3.) Get Divorce settled and child custody arranged 4.) Find someone or preferably a few someone elses to audition for Wife #2 or even better Girlfriend #1.

Why would I do this? Because I believe that while it will be ongoing Hell for a couple of years, I would be honest with myself and my wife about my feelings and I would have a clean slate eventually on which to rebuild.

What actually happened? He took a picture of the text to save for later use. He was, understandably quite hurt by the text, but acted as if nothing had happened. Eventually he poured his heart out to a 32 y/o woman he knows from a recreational activity he participates in. This eventually leads to an affair with the woman in question.

Wife finds out. Files for divorce RIGHT NOW. He is unprepared, and is facing losing a large share of his business equity. Looks like he's in for LARGE alimony. Childcare is a non issue. He is known far and wide (because his wife is a social media LION with 1000s of contacts) as a lying, cheating scumbag. Many old friends turn their backs on him. Many business contacts distance themselves too.

Was this preventable? I say yes. If he had been up front, and divorced his wife as he should have before any of this other garbage, his life would have sucked for a year or two, and then he would be able to move on. As it is, his kids HATE him, his business partners HATE him because they may end up with the wife as a partner OR have to buy her out, taking away capital from the business.

He says he did what he did because 'he deserves to be happy'. Sure he does. But his 'shortcut' of diddling the 32 y/o BEFORE divorce cost him more dearly than it should have. It remains to be seen if she will stay with him now that he's about to lose $1M.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntactical Dysruptorize
    Stop being nice. Start doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    ...Also, never take a shit and throw it into a deep fryer. I really regret doing that.

Yes | No

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Name Change View Post
    Faced with this scenario, what would you do? What I would do is this: 1.) Confront wife. 2.) Get lawyer 3.) Get Divorce settled and child custody arranged 4.) Find someone or preferably a few someone elses to audition for Wife #2 or even better Girlfriend #1.
    Umm... Hello? A similar scenario happened to me and I divorced quickly and found wife #2.

Also, your response isn't really an argument or point about anything. You are tilting at NoBmills again.

And it didn't address my main point, which is that I am pursuing a much healthier lifestyle than I was before, and I don't have to waste 30 minutes preparing spinach, broccoli, kale, barley, parsley, alfalfa, spirula, banana, and apple salad for lunch.

I just buy it and drink it. Tell you what, give me a 25 hour day and I will spend 30 minutes preparing a more traditional healthy lunch, nosy motherfucker.
    "NoB's acquisitiveness is Zanshin like" - Dougie

"USA is 50 separate countries" - doof (tadpole farmer extraordinaire)

"I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith

Unintentional Rayp'ist Spade: The Real Snake's Avatar

Yes | No

Default THERE ARE NO @#!$ING SHORTCUTS

How do you two flabby faggots feel about corn oil?
    VRY IMPRTNT

Sent by telekinesis via Cerebro
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    What Snake Said
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Snake is also correct about EVERYTHING.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Royal NoB View Post
    Umm... Hello? A similar scenario happened to me and I divorced quickly and found wife #2.

Also, your response isn't really an argument or point about anything. You are tilting at NoBmills again.

And it didn't address my main point, which is that I am pursuing a much healthier lifestyle than I was before, and I don't have to waste 30 minutes preparing spinach, broccoli, kale, barley, parsley, alfalfa, spirula, banana, and apple salad for lunch.

I just buy it and drink it. Tell you what, give me a 25 hour day and I will spend 30 minutes preparing a more traditional healthy lunch, nosy motherfucker.
    Believe me when i tell you I didn't spend the time it took to write all of that because I give a shit about what you put into your body. It isn't all about YOU, NoB. At least, the rant wasn't.

I was making a larger point about life choices in general, and a tendency I see in people to make choices that SEEM easier in the short term, but bite them in the ass over time.

But since you brought it up - go to Costco and buy their Kale salad. Bring a banana and an apple. Preparation time - 0.

...Also, never take a shit and throw it into a deep fryer. I really regret doing that.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Snake: The Real Jesus View Post
    VRY IMPRTNT

Sent by telekinesis via Cerebro
    I'm allergic. Why does it have to corn?

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Snake: The Real Jesus View Post
    VRY IMPRTNT

I try to avoid products which contain corn syrup.

I am not sure what to think about corn oil. I use grapeseed oil when cooking.

"I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith

Yes | No

But since you brought it up - go to Costco and buy their Kale salad. Bring a banana and an apple. Preparation time - 0.
    I buy the salads from Costco. For dinner.

Ain't gonna eat the same thing for lunch.

Yes | No

So you consider the same meal blended in a juicer to be a different meal?

Yes | No

So you consider the same meal blended in a juicer to be a different meal?
    It has some different things in it. And it tastes different. So yes.
    Last edited by NoBowie; 12th February 14 at 05:53 PM.