Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me polish this turd

My ballsack is half full Üser Friendly's Avatar

Yes | No

Crime and Law Help me polish this turd

Randomocracy

This is my new political system that puts the power back into the hands of the people, and does away with a political class that often has no better qualification than being popular

The representatives of the population, on all levels are drawn at random from the electoral register

They then serve a limited tenure and return to their lives, and are barred from future selection.

Before I start printing pamphlets I would like you all to test the concept and it's credebility

Viva la Revolution!
    die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Yes | No

• No felons.

• No increasing taxes.

• Nothing new made illegal. (for example, they decide to ban commercials with thin girls or some silly shit.)

• Accountability for bad decisions (you are picked at random and let go after a set period, that might increase the chances of the group to make risky / poor decisions)

Then I might sign off on it.
    Last edited by NoBowie; 28th October 15 at 10:32 AM.
    "NoB's acquisitiveness is Zanshin like" - Dougie

"USA is 50 separate countries" - doof (tadpole farmer extraordinaire)

"I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by nom d'épouse View Post
    • No felons.

• No increasing taxes.

• Nothing new made illegal. (for example, they decide to ban commercials with thin girls or some silly shit.)

• Accountability for bad decisions (you are picked at random and let go after a set period, that might increase the chances of the group to make risky / poor decisions)

Then I might sign off on it.

Ex-cons should be included if they are eligible to vote

What point would there be to public representation if change could not be affected for the public good

Accountability is important, but the mechanisms to achieve this are no different from the present system

Yes | No

1st world countries need more freedom, not less. Any government system you are going to put in place that will further restrict the average person and reduce the accountability of the representatives is a poor one.

In the current system, folks are trying to get re-elected. That at least introduces some form of accountability. In your system, there is no chance of that.
    "NoB's acquisitiveness is Zanshin like" - Dougie

"USA is 50 separate countries" - doof (tadpole farmer extraordinaire)

"I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith

Yes | No

It's not going to gain traction unless it has manifesto in the title.
    Think irony

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

I would be okay with a portion of the House of Lords being selected this way (for a temporary period). The problem is it would be like jury duty.. a lot of people would try and avoid it because it would be a massive interruption of normal life. self employed people would risk their clients all walking away etc..

I'd prefer it if elected representatives were the ones eligible to serve in the executive (i.e. as government ministers)t and were the ones who proposed new laws to vote on, but everybody in the adult population had an electronic vote on each bill, from home. You could add a few rules like 'a bill doesn't get through unless at least X% of the population bothered to vote on it' in addition to getting more than 50% of the votes. boring things with poor turnout could be kicked up to just be voted on by the elected representatives if necessary.

it would be much closer to an actual democracy.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Saurencyde View Post
    It's not going to gain traction unless it has manifesto in the title.
    Sexist

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I would be okay with a portion of the House of Lords being selected this way (for a temporary period). The problem is it would be like jury duty.. a lot of people would try and avoid it because it would be a massive interruption of normal life. self employed people would risk their clients all walking away etc..
    Most elected officials can manage to run their businesses whilst getting paid to be elected officials, so I don't think this would be too much of an issue. And just as in jury service you can get off it it you have a good enough reason

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I'd prefer it if elected representatives were the ones eligible to serve in the executive (i.e. as government ministers)t and were the ones who proposed new laws to vote on, but everybody in the adult population had an electronic vote on each bill, from home. You could add a few rules like 'a bill doesn't get through unless at least X% of the population bothered to vote on it' in addition to getting more than 50% of the votes. boring things with poor turnout could be kicked up to just be voted on by the elected representatives if necessary.
    I think it is more important that the executive representatives are skilled in the area over which they are responsible, you know a member of the legal profession in charge of law and order, a member of the armed forces in defence etc

These roles could be selected from the books of the representative organization

Totally up for e-voting by the general public.

I had to get away from those anuses Pie of Hate's Avatar

Yes | No

Who's going to oversee this process, because that's where the real power will be.
    "Won't you stop citing laws to us who have our swords by our sides?" - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus

LOL

Yes | No

Well NoB is doing such a great job here we should offer him the job