Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THERE ARE NO @#!$ING SHORTCUTS

Yes | No

Default THERE ARE NO @#!$ING SHORTCUTS

This rant is brought on by a recent exchange with NoB about how he is too lazy to actually chew food. At least, that's my perspective on what he is doing by using a liquid 'meal replacement'.

After NoB politely asked me, 'what's up your twat?' I realized, I'm not actually mad at NoB. Scratch that, I AM angry at NoB, but not JUST NOB.

So cue the Angry Old Man waving his cane around. Yep, that's me.

My choice of profession affords me with the opportunity to see quite deeply into people's private and personal affairs. I develop long term relationships with them that last literally decades. It allows me a different perspective than most people because I have a very large sample size of life experiences to draw on instead of just my own, or a small circle of close friends.

I believe that perspective is rare, and in it's way, valueable. So fucking listen up, assholes.

There is no 'easy' way. There isn't a gondola ride up your personal mountain. All there is, all there ever really is, is putting one foot in front of the other.

I see people in my profession take short cuts. They tell clients only what they want to hear, because it means they will get the account. Many of these assholes have very good numbers and have sunshine blown up their ass - for awhile. Then, they move on.

A former consultant in my firm left here, and moved to a competitor a couple of years ago. He became their 'Rookie of The Year' for all of Canada. He would post on his Social Media about how much money he was making, the trips he was winning, etc.

He came by the office two days ago. He was fired with five minutes notice, and was looking to come back. Of course, we did not hire him. You don't get FIRED in my industry without cause. He was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and WHY THE HELL would we want that guy back?

Long story short, he COULD have built his practice through HARD FUCKING WORK, and taken a few more years to do it. Instead, he was Rookie of The Year, and is now out of the business, and GOD I hope, out of the industry.

I watch some of the 'extreme weight loss' shows and see people getting radical surgery to curtail their eating habits. They are morbidly obese when this surgery occurs and they are running a high risk of complications or death just from HAVING the surgery.

Sometimes, it works. Sometimes not. But it's NEVER just the surgery. It's become clear to me that you have to work really hard at killing yourself to get to 600lbs. These people are mentally FUCKED UP. The surgery may help them stop eating in the short term, but unless they do the hard emotional, psychological work to get mentally healthy, the surgery does NOTHING in the long term. So why the fuck don't they START there?

NoB uses a liquid 'meal replacement', instead of taking the time to make his own food and eat it. Is he getting all the nutrients he needs? Sure. Does that make is a superior form of diet, nutrition. I doubt it. I lack the science background to determine this, but it seems like another 'quick fix' to me. I have to believe that eating real food that isn't pre-chewed for you is better in the long run for you.

When sparring, I see the people who lack true skill try to use fakes, etc. to hang with people who are much better than they are. Hell, I've DONE it. But it doesn't make ME get any better. All it does is annoy the skilled people, and gives me a false sense of my own ability. I SHOULD be humble enough to realize that I need to keep working to keep getting better. Who fucking cares if you win or lose a sparring match anyways? Ego gets the best of us, and we STOP progressing because we are looking for a quicker, easier way to neutralize our opponents speed, skill, etc.

I'm not against efficiency. I enjoy the idea of getting BETTER at what I do, and how I do it. By definition, that means I'm becoming more efficient at whatever task we have in mind. What I DO have a problem with is the pursuit of 'efficiency' at the expense of ability.

Whatever it is you are doing, my Old Man Rant is this; if you have to take a shortcut, it probably isn't worth it. Spend your time getting better. Sometimes the longest, hardest way, ends up being the best route and the one with the most permanent results.

I'll step off my porch now. All you kids get off of my lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Syntactical Dysruptorize
    Stop being nice. Start doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    ...Also, never take a shit and throw it into a deep fryer. I really regret doing that.

Yes | No

Guns

You completely misunderstand everything and are ranting like an old man.

Do you really think I take a bunch of shortcuts in my life? Fuck you.

I worked two fucking full time jobs during school and two jobs after school was done until I had enough experience to get my current job.

Then I worked 65 hours a week for my current job and traveled my ass off for a year and a half to prove that I could manage things.

Don't fucking tell me I am lazy because I have a fruit / vegetable smoothie for lunch. Or if you do, realize you are fucking wrong.

I have regular cardio (concept2 rowing machine) now and I am using free weights. I do prepare meals when I am home.

Arnold Schwarzenegger said it best on Reddit:

"Everybody, behave and stop bickering. This is about inspiring more people to get into fitness. I've never understood people who argue constantly about who is wrong and who is right in fitness and health, because the fact is, there are many "right" answers, especially for people just starting out.

Do you think Sergio Oliva and I did the same thing? No. In fact, you could walk into Gold's and watch the 5 best guys and see 5 completely different routines and 5 different diets. And you know what? We didn't argue.

Do me a favor. Try to focus more on expanding the fitness and health community as a whole than protecting your little corner of it."

P.S. Dipwad, there are shortcuts. I am making six figures today because when an emergency arises, I can fucking get the job done with what I have on hand in the time I have to do it.

Assess, Execute.

Give us both an emergent business problem and I will have implemented a viable solution while you are still in your precious planning phase.

You seem like you are stuck in a long term financial planning mindset. That doesn't work for most other areas of business. Or life.

Last edited by NoBowie; 12th February 14 at 01:23 PM.
    "NoB's acquisitiveness is Zanshin like" - Dougie

"USA is 50 separate countries" - doof (tadpole farmer extraordinaire)

"I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith

Unintentional Rayp'ist Spade: The Real Snake's Avatar

Yes | No

lol @ NoB comparing himself to Ahnuld
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    What Snake Said
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Snake is also correct about EVERYTHING.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Snake: The Real Jesus View Post
    lol @ NoB comparing himself to Ahnuld
    Umm, do you know how to read? The quote from Arnold is about people who are starting a fitness / health regime. That is me.

"I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith

Yes | No

AHNULD HAZ TEH MESSUJ 4 U, NOB

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HrnWC8zBcE
    What Snake Said

Yes | No

That's more like it. Will do, Arnold.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake: The Real Jesus View Post
    AHNULD HAZ TEH MESSUJ 4 U, NOB

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HrnWC8zBcE

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Name Change View Post
    NoB uses a liquid 'meal replacement', instead of taking the time to make his own food and eat it. Is he getting all the nutrients he needs? Sure. Does that make is a superior form of diet, nutrition. I doubt it. I lack the science background to determine this, but it seems like another 'quick fix' to me. I have to believe that eating real food that isn't pre-chewed for you is better in the long run for you.
    Now, far be it from me to not pile-on a "NoB is a tubby bitch-titted tubby bitch" thread, but all the guy said was he was cutting out one meal with a woman's drink.

Let him post-up his daily menu before we go back to our normal "Have another donut you fat fuck" commentary.
    What Snake Said

hey, how's yer margarita? Angry Mandrill's Avatar

Yes | No

to be fair, nob is the trigger, not the target of this rant. as a rule for living, i agree with everything feryk posted. is he tilting at nobmills? yeah. so?
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy peacock
    Not drunk is he who from the floor can rise alone and still drink more; but drunk is he who prostrate lies without the power to drink or rise.

Yes | No

Low-T
    What Snake Said

hey, how's yer margarita? Angry Mandrill's Avatar

Yes | No

masturbation and free weights can fix that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy peacock
    Not drunk is he who from the floor can rise alone and still drink more; but drunk is he who prostrate lies without the power to drink or rise.