If I die before I wake..  photo granny_zps6f721b53.jpg
    Photobucket

Yes | No

And Grosseteste, and Bacon
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Dining with Daemons Photobucket Dr. ,,,,, Chameleon's Avatar

Yes | No

Yep those pre Christian era Greeks had nothing to do with it what-so-ever, or those pesky Hindu & Muslim mathematicians...mmmmmmmm........

Not saying Christians didnt have a major input into science's formulation just saying they werent the only contributors!

........as the beginnings of western science was invented by devout Christians seeking to know the how of God doing what He does.
    Last edited by Dr. ,,,,, Chameleon; 13th April 12 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve's advice to Palestinians
    As for the blockade, it's only enforced 3 nautical miles out. That gives people ~3.5 miles of ocean to sail on along the entire coast to avoid bombing.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve with a straight face
    The first and second kingdoms of Israel are not mythology. My god that's deluded.

Senior Member Photobucket Craigypooh's Avatar

Yes | No

I think he was defining western science as the bit of science invented in Western Europe.

Photobucket

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Faustus View Post
    Yep those pre Christian era Greeks had nothing to do with it what-so-ever, or those pesky Hindu & Muslim mathematicians...mmmmmmmm........

Not saying Christians didnt have a major input into science's formulation just saying they werent the only contributors!
    They contributed large bodies of knowledge, but the appearance of the scientific method itself in the west can be attributed to Christian thinkers.

Note: This should not be interpreted as Christianity bestowing higher powers of scientific reasoning, but an artefact of the reality that academic thought in Europe was completely dominated by clergymen for centuries.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Senior Member Photobucket
    Photobucket

Yes | No

I wish I had a link for evidence, but I heard somewhere that in Japan NDE are usually termed as crossing a river as opposed to going towards the light.

cultural differences in NDE kill them as evidence of anything to my mind, unless there are many different afterlifes based on culture.

The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing.

Distilled and Refined  photo climate_zps68df1d20-1_zps9322bb3c.jpg
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Yes | No

It shouldn't. Cultural context makes sense if in fact, there is an afterlife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Just don't sleep with a chick you can't bench press.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    ...Also, never take a shit and throw it into a deep fryer. I really regret doing that.

Senior Member Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus View Post
    I wish I had a link for evidence, but I heard somewhere that in Japan NDE are usually termed as crossing a river as opposed to going towards the light.

cultural differences in NDE kill them as evidence of anything to my mind, unless there are many different afterlifes based on culture.
    That's not much help to the "only-one-true-faith" contingent, to which several religions belong.

Photobucket

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    That's not much help to the "only-one-true-faith" contingent, to which several religions belong.
    Simple: everybody else is seeing demons.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Dining with Daemons Photobucket Dr. ,,,,, Chameleon's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Simple: everybody else is seeing demons.
    Unfortunatly I thnk that may be the essence of resolve's reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve's advice to Palestinians
    As for the blockade, it's only enforced 3 nautical miles out. That gives people ~3.5 miles of ocean to sail on along the entire coast to avoid bombing.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve with a straight face
    The first and second kingdoms of Israel are not mythology. My god that's deluded.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...