Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: While this article will probably have a different discussion all i can say is:

Yes | No

Default While this article will probably have a different discussion all i can say is:

WOW an athiest civil war happened? I didn't think the numbers were big enough for people to kill eachother saying "MY REASON AND LOGIC IS BETTER THAN YOURS!!!""

""NOOO FOR SCIENCE!!! MY SCIENTIFIC METHOD IS SUPERIOR!!!!"""

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/04/...on-of-atheism/

Though despite his thesis, he still keeps assuming that athiesm is still a movement of the socially left/left in foreign policy.

I mean in america that paradigm is totally broken.
    if i was christian i'd say: ZOMG jerusalem is in hands of the infadels!!!get ur swordz and lets pwnz0rs for G0d!!!!'

Lebell

Home Brewer Extraordinair Keith's Avatar

Yes | No

I think violent tribalism is a human trait, not confined to, or enhanced by, religion. South Park was right; if we eliminated religion, the ignorant would wage war over who has the real science.

your avatar gives me epiliptic fits  photo granny_zps6f721b53.jpg
     photo military_zps996db12a.pngPhotobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Yes | No

Wow that was a nice well written balanced article.
    Don’t say, “It’s been a good day” till sundown.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good wife” till she’s buried.
    Don’t say, “It’s a good sword” till you’ve tested it.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good girl” till she’s married off.
    Don’t say, “The ice is safe” till you’ve crossed it.
    Don’t say, “The beer is good” till you’ve drunk the last of it.

From Hávamál, a Norse poem

Senior Member Photobucket Craigypooh's Avatar

Yes | No

Sounded to me like it was the right vs left political struggle, rather than a conflict over how best to disbelieve in God.

Yes | No

The worship of power is a religion.
    provide evidence or shut the fuck up

If I die before I wake..  photo granny_zps6f721b53.jpg
    Photobucket

Yes | No

For an example of how far two groups who both believe they are hard-headed rationalists can diverge from each other, examine the differences between Soviet Lysenkoism and mainstream modern biology.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Dining with Daemons Photobucket Dr. Sold to the Highest Buddha's Avatar

Yes | No

Righteous atheism where would China be without it?
    01000010 01101111 01101100 01101100 01101111 01111000

Yes | No

Lysenkoism is used colloquially to describe the manipulation or distortion of the scientific process as a way to reach a predetermined conclusion as dictated by an ideological bias, often related to social or political objectives.
    Hard-headed rationalists?

If I die before I wake..  photo granny_zps6f721b53.jpg
    Photobucket

Yes | No

lol. They thought they were hard-headed rationalists. Just like modern western atheists who believe in fantastical shit like global warming, and who are convinced that the universe has to work on mechanistic principles.

Materialist Rationalism in it's modern 'new atheist' form is an absurd conceit.
    Last edited by Cullion; 12th April 12 at 07:04 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Or perhaps they knew they were peddling bullshit and carried on anyway to further their political/ideological/financial goals - just as many of the climate change deniers are doing today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...