Thread: Welfare Recipients AND Legislators to take drug tests?

Glad the avatars work ok. jkdbuck76's Avatar

Yes | No

Default Welfare Recipients AND Legislators to take drug tests?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,5662717.story

McMillin withdrew his measure last week after lawmakers amended it to also require lawmakers to submit to drug tests.

McMillin said he withdrew the measure because the drug testing of legislators would be unconstitutional. But he brought a diluted version the bill back for consideration on Monday.

In my home state of Indiana ( world's 3rd largest producer of meth and 1st largest producer of David Lettermans) a legislator tried to put some legislation up that requires drug tests of welfare recipients. But some other legislators demanded that Indiana State Legislators also be drug tested.

What do you think?
    “Anyone can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time and for the right purpose and in the right way – that is not within everyone’s power and that is not easy.”

- Aristotle

You said rape twice Hedley LaMarr's Avatar

Yes | No

I think government mandated drug tests are a violation of the 4th and 5th amendment. Employers can go right ahead, it's their fucking money. And I think the fact that there's case law and legislation that prevents politicians from being mandated to piss in a cup is another example of how the Constitution is a meaningless piece of paper now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus Orgasm View Post
    I see your point Hedley.

I see the fault in my logic........

Yes | No

outside of constitutional elements, a test of welfare recipients for drugs is just silly. the point of a social safety net is twofold, primarily is so we don't have people removed from the workforce because of a bad decision or bad luck; the other is to stop the tramps from mugging for food and smack.

drug testing legislators makes more sense, especially considering the relative cost.

The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing.

You said rape twice Hedley LaMarr's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus View Post
    outside of constitutional elements, a test of welfare recipients for drugs is just silly. the point of a social safety net is twofold, primarily is so we don't have people removed from the workforce because of a bad decision or bad luck; the other is to stop the tramps from mugging for food and smack.

drug testing legislators makes more sense, especially considering the relative cost.
    I want my legislators on drugs personally. I figure everyone's got a vice. I'd simply prefer my politicians focus their corruption on getting coke and strippers. Nothing's scarier than someone sober with power.
    I see your point Hedley.

I see the fault in my logic........