Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Best Hockeyfights Thread

Yes | No

Zac Rinaldo's scrap from last night. Not bad.
    http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...198234&lang=en

Yes | No

Remember back in the days where you stopped fighting when one guy fell down? Now, they are wrestling each other as much as punching. And when they go down, they keep going.

When did MMA and Hockey meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Syntactical Dysruptorize
    Stop being nice. Start doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    ...Also, never take a shit and throw it into a deep fryer. I really regret doing that.

Yes | No

Are you referring to the Zac Rinaldo fight that has stirred up so much controversy ?
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...3222--nhl.html
    I agree with the consensus, which is that Rinaldo landed a few bombs while his opponent was on the way down and clearly out of the fight and that it was wrong to do so.
    However, hockeyfights are far from an exact science and sometimes, when you get swinging and are all pumped up you may toss a couple of extra punches in the heat of battle.
    Rinaldo knows what he did was wrong, and I'm sure it wasn't personal or anything, and I'm sure he also realizes that one of the league's premiere heavyweights may decide to take it upon himself to teach the young buck a lesson about the 'fighter's code'.
    So he better be ready.
    Having said that, the Flyers , more than almost any team in the league, have a history of enforcers who finish opponents in a nasty manner ( Dave Schultz and Dave Brown both come to mind) and do so with the intention of sending a message to other teams.
    Perhaps Rinaldo is simply following in the footsteps of the old Broad Street Bullies mentality.
    I was watching that game, and I honestly think that Rinaldo just got a little over excited. I don't think he was being malicious about it.
    In any event, as I'm sure you know Feryk, these things always have a way of working themselves out.
    Call it ' fighters karma'.

Yes | No

Here's Rinaldo's fight from the game with the Caps..he does the same thing.
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...3222--nhl.html

That may have been in retaliation for the cheap shot/elbow delivered to Simmonds earlier.
    Last edited by OZZ; 7th February 13 at 08:11 PM.

Yes | No

One organization that has been criticized for being soft over the past decade or so is the Detroit Red Wings.
    Part of this is due to owner Mike Illitch's well-known anti-fighting stance. The problem is that keeping a roster without tough guys on it can encourage opponents to take liberties with your star players. The other problem is that you are denying the fans of Detroit an integral, exciting and intense aspect of the game of hockey. Ever since the retirement of Darren McCarty, the Wings have been lacking a true physical presence on the ice (Todd Bertuzzi notwithstanding).
    Well, Mike Babcock finally had enough of the softie mentality, decided he needed energy, and got his GM to acquire thunderball Jordin Tootoo last year.

From Rankin Inlet up in Nunavut, Tootoo is the first Inuit to become a bona fide professional athlete. And although he has had his share of struggles with alcohol and inconsistent play, he has overcome these things in recent years and is now a mainstay in the big leagues who is known for landing thunderous body checks and bringing energy and enthusiasm to the team he plays for.
    Small at about 5'10, Tootoo is literally a mass of muscle, he weighs in at a solid 210 or so and drops the gloves with men much bigger than him on a regular basis. He is not an enforcer in the truest sense, but a third or fourth liner who will bang and crash, go hard to the net and keep the other teams honest.
    I think the Wings were smart to acquire him.
    Here's his complete profile from hockeyfights.net
    http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/421
    Last edited by OZZ; 9th February 13 at 10:18 PM.

Unintentional Rayp'ist Spade: The Real Snake's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    What Snake Said
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Snake is also correct about EVERYTHING.

Unintentional Rayp'ist Spade: The Real Snake's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    What Snake Said
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Snake is also correct about EVERYTHING.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Lulxzy's Sting Walrus View Post
    Hilarious !!

Yes | No

Colton Orr VS. Kevin 'The Constable' Westgarth from last night's game.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115904
    Last edited by OZZ; 16th February 13 at 10:10 AM.