Thread: Joe Sakic Wins A Million Bucks !

Yes | No

Default Joe Sakic Wins A Million Bucks !

I always liked Joe Sakic - one of the deadliest wrist shots ever and a class act at all times.
    Turns out he's pretty good at golf too..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371921

Half goes to charity..knowing Joe he might just give it all to a good cause.

Senior Member Photobucket Craigypooh's Avatar

Yes | No

Wasn't there a film about an ice hockey player who became a professional golfer?

What's a wrist shot?

Yes | No

Joe was and still is the man. If only that bone head Lindros had accepted going to play with him in Quebec, he could have learned some class from one of the greats.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Craigypooh View Post
    Wasn't there a film about an ice hockey player who became a professional golfer?

What's a wrist shot?
    Yeah, it was called ' Happy Gilmore ' ..a very funny movie starring Adam Sandler.
    The wrist shot is a bit of a dying art with all these super- bendable, fibreglass sticks that have invaded the game. Players don't develop as good a technique as they once did , they just rely on the stick to do all the work for them.
    I say ban the fucking things..they break apart all the time anyways.
    I'll take a good ol' fashioned, manufactured in Canada wooden hockey stick any day of the week over those stupid, $100 rip - off sticks.
    Last edited by OZZ; 19th July 11 at 06:56 PM.

Ability to feel pain Dark Helmet's Avatar

Yes | No

Now, when they say 'Celebrity Golf' do they mean with actors and other 'C' list celebrities?
    "But for me the fact that I had danger on my shoulder made it much more exciting. Itís rather like if you flirt with a girl, itís more exciting than paying for a prostitute, because while you know youíre gonna get it, the other one you donít.Ē"