Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me about scooters.

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

Default Tell me about scooters.

My car is bricked. I'm a man of limited means, so most cars in my price range - up to about 3.6k - are really only a several year band aid. I've noticed that I can get a decent bike on the used market for less, so I'm intrigued. For the time being I mostly need it to get around town and to the train station, and I need my free time for school, so I think I'm looking at a more recent model that won't need too much care, but I find the classic body styles on Vespas and Lambrettas sexier. Is there a bike out there that meets my specifications?

Yes | No

I'll eschew the obvious. Scooters are pretty reliable and fun to ride :), but you can't take them on the interstate (at least here you can't.) I don't know how big an issue that is, but I'd assumed that the freeways were the main thoroughfares out there. Consider getting a dual sport bike, they're more flexible, fun, fast, and attractive. They're still simple enough that you can do most of the work on them yourself, and they're within your price range.

Yes | No

In CA anything >=150cc is freeway legal (and requires a motorcycle license), which includes some vespas, but you will want to avoid the bottom end of that range for safety.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Will she be set upon you? jubei33's Avatar

Yes | No

over here (I don't know what they sell over in the US) they have the Honda super cub, the classic delivery bike, for like 1500-2K$ price range. My neighbor bought his in the early 70's and still takes it to work every morning. That thing is a masterpiece, He took good care of it and it takes care of him.

I know they've sold them in the states before, but I don't know if they currently do or the price, etc.
    http://www.honda.co.jp/SUPERCUB/supercub50/
    Where have all the hobos gone to?

RESOLVE IS A DISHONEST PERSON.

http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

Robstafarian

Yes | No

Look to see if you can find a used large displacement scooter in your price range, such as the Suzuki Bergman line. Freeway speeds wouldn't be an issue with them (particularly once you get to 500cc and higher).

Last edited by SoulMechanic; 26th June 11 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    MOM34 is easy to fist. 5 kids have come through that set of french dooors she calls a snatch.

Yes | No

I might actually go buy this thing tomorrow.
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/2452746312.html
    MOM34 is easy to fist. 5 kids have come through that set of french dooors she calls a snatch.

Yes | No

I might get a new yamaha vino for 3.5 out the door. 125cc, needs to have some plastic replaced with chrome

Yes | No

Well that thing looks pretty gay. Guess that's a good thing for you. The ones Jubei and I showed you are way fucking cooler then that thing.

Yes | No

They're also 50cc. Ps 3.2