Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a poor beer(wine)/cheese pairing better than no cheese?

Home Brewer Extraordinair Keith's Avatar

Yes | No

Default Is a poor beer(wine)/cheese pairing better than no cheese?

I wanted to grab a quick snack and my wife has a bunch of those individually packed sticks of string cheese (not sure if they have these in places outside the US or even out of this region of the US, imagine a stick of mozzarella cheese about 4 inches long and inch in diameter) . I grabbed one and drank a beer with it. The beer was dark and the cheese light, which is not supposed to be a good pairing, but it tasted OK to me but Ive had beer with a more proper pairing of cheese and it is indeed much better.

If I was entertaining company, is it better to serve beer/wine with a bad pairing of cheese or would it be better to omit the cheese altogether?

Yes | No

You should never have poor cheese! End of story!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    Trump can't actually win an election.. can he ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinMuffly View Post
    Short answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I think you're right here.

Yes | No

cheez-strings, ritz, and imported beer = high-falootin redneck
    Mockery is an important social tool for squelching stupidity. -Scott Adams.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    If I was entertaining company, is it better to serve beer/wine with a “bad” pairing of cheese or would it be better to omit the cheese altogether?
    It depends. If you and your friends like cheese strings with beer, then you don't need to know our opinion. If you want to know 'what do Europeans think is correct' then the answer is 'serving processed cheese strings to guests is in the same ballpark as serving McDonald's McFlurries for desert.'
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

You said rape twice Hedley LaMarr's Avatar

Yes | No

It depends on the brand of string cheese I suppose. I don't know where you are but most of the string cheese in my area comes from local dairies and is pretty decent quality mozarella so if that's the case I say go for it. If it's Kraft or some national brand (which I'm guessing is the case if it's individually wrapped) I would say yes unless you have really high post friends, in which case I'd say yes anyway and tell them to deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus Orgasm View Post
    I see your point Hedley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus Orgasm View Post

I see the fault in my logic........

Home Brewer Extraordinair Keith's Avatar

Yes | No

I don't mean string cheese specifically, but cheese in general.

If I had a high-quality strong cheese but only light (lager or white wine) drink would it be better to forgo the cheese or go ahead with the "bad" pairing?

Yes | No

It depends on the context too, if I wanted everyone to carefully enjoy a special beer or food I'll seek the pairings, if the guest shows he'd enjoy some food I'll give him the best I have around and if it's that string cheese, whatever that is, then be it.
    - Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is Forever.

Will she be set upon you? jubei33's Avatar

Yes | No

hmmm. I would choose some rocquefort, maybe with a drizzle of honey and some walnuts.
    Where have all the hobos gone to?

RESOLVE IS A DISHONEST PERSON.

http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by jubei33 View Post
    hmmm. I would choose some rocquefort, maybe with a drizzle of honey and some walnuts.
    To be paired with what?
    - Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is Forever.

Yes | No

"NoB's acquisitiveness is Zanshin like" - Dougie

"USA is 50 separate countries" - doof (tadpole farmer extraordinaire)

"I actually believe, nay, know that NoB's ass and innards are spotless." - Lilith