Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HERR FASCIN

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

Artist's statements are just a terrible idea; they exist for the gallery patrons that don't actually understand or don't want to think too hard about what's going on. A lot of pieces need context, like Duchamp's urinal, but if it's absolutely necessary for the artist to tell you what the piece is about then it's probably not very good.

Yes | No

there are many artists who literally spend a LOT more time writing about their work than actually making it.

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

it does a good job.

Work of Meta-Art in the Age of Symbiotic Reproduction

The matrix creates, the chaos reproduces. In the synaptic reality, art objects are deprecations of the musings of the matrix -- a matrix that uses the chaos as an organism to represent ideas, patterns, and emotions. With the devolution of the electronic environment, the matrix is conceiving a point where it will be free from the chaos to consume immersions into the contortions of the delphic reality. Work of Meta-Art in the Age of Symbiotic Reproduction contains 10 minimal quicktime engines (also refered to as "clipper chips") that enable the user to make traditional audio/visual compositions.

measuring chains, constructing realities
    putting into place forms
    a matrix of illusion and disillusion
    a strange attracting force
    so that a seduced reality will be able to spontaneously feed on it

Tony Montana's work investigates the nuances of modulations through the use of slow motion and close-ups which emphasize the Symbiotic nature of digital media. Montana explores abstract and bent scenery as motifs to describe the idea of hyper-real reality. Using transcendant loops, non-linear narratives, and allegorical images as patterns, Montana creates meditative environments which suggest the expansion of culture...

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

Lol.

Master of Sock Puppets TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar

Yes | No

As something akin to a practicing fashion designer, I'd like to weigh in. When I create clothing, I basically have one overriding goal: to look cool as hell. And, by extension, to make the person wearing them look cool as hell.
    Occasionally there are side-goals, like weather-appropriateness, pocket space, and so on, but they all contribute to the goal of my clothing looking cool as hell. These other considerations force me to be creative; since I'm not going to run around in a spike-encrusted leather jacket in the middle of the summer, I had to figure out how I could make sandals and kilts look as cool as leather jeans and armored boots. And I totally did.
    I'll occasionally make things that deviate a bit from my own sensibilities for commercial practicality; a lot of the metal I sell at anime cons is a good deal more colorful than what I myself wear, but whatever. It's still in the same overall genre of spikes, leather, and chainmail.
    So yeah, in terms of the "point" of fashion, it's basically to look cool, possibly while keeping you warm and giving you a place to put your wallet and keys. But mostly to look cool.
    Different people have different definitions of what cool as hell looks like, hence all these different designers and trends running around. The shit MJS posted at the top of the thread seemed to be going for "spooky ghosts are awesome".
    Quote Originally Posted by STEEV
    You are officially the hottest chick playing D&D.

Yes | No

Name:  Maison Martin Margiela Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear-19.jpeg
Views: 32
Size:  96.6 KB

Yes | No

shrink-wrapped auschwitz victim?

Yes | No

martin margiela

he probably smokes a lot of pot