Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a hair style that will blend in in any time period

Yes | No

Default I need a hair style that will blend in in any time period

just in Europe for most periods, but the rest of the world in colonial eras.

The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

pony tail tied back with some unobtrusive bit of twine or leather, untrimmed beard.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

hey, how's yer margarita? Angry Mandrill's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    pony tail tied back with some unobtrusive bit of twine or leather, untrimmed beard.
    and bangs
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy peacock
    Not drunk is he who from the floor can rise alone and still drink more; but drunk is he who prostrate lies without the power to drink or rise.

Yes | No

won't that stand out post 1900?

Unintentional Rayp'ist Spade: The Real Snake's Avatar

Yes | No

Get a photo of Prince Valiant and tell the beautician to make it so
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    What Snake Said
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Snake is also correct about EVERYTHING.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus View Post
    won't that stand out post 1900?
    You said most of European history. A pony tail on a man will look very odd in Northern Europe for much of the Victorian era onwards until the hippy era arrives, but for most the other few thousand years you're fine as long as you're pretending to be from the right social class (long hair in some eras was a sign you couldn't get to a barber, in other times and places it was actually a sign of higher social status).
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Registered Member Lollius Urbicus's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus View Post
    just in Europe for most periods, but the rest of the world in colonial eras.
    That's utterly impossible to give a definitive answer for.

Far too many variables. If you wanted to look at a hairstyle that would work for the early modern period in Europe then a generic short haircut would be acceptable for an ordinary working man for much of the period.

The trend is that elite culture sets the styles and fashions which then filter down into popular culture where the non-elites try and emulate them. The middle and merchant classes tend to be those who embrace and try and imitate elite culture the most more so than the poor.

Yes | No

I guess I could get away with having the right hat most of the time.

Yes | No

Are you planning on time travelling RJ?
    "She's shown she's into Butterface not Butterbody, too." - Snake

Yes | No

cardio at the gym for me usually means thinking about things like this. I also wrote a Mad Men/Mega man cross over that will never be committed to any sort of recording medium.

I also have decided that if I ever win the lottery or become fantastically wealthy in another manner I'm buying a DeLorean and tricking it out.