Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tea

Registered Member Supporting Member bob's Avatar

Yes | No

Default Tea

Recently I made a concerted effort to start drinking tea. My reasoning was that I don't drink soda/soft drinks or fruit juice. During the day it's pretty much water or coffee and at night it's water or alcohol. So I needed something else to fill the gaps because water gets boring and I can't drink coffee all day.

I was pretty dubious at first, maybe tainted by childhood experiences at scout camps (no, not those experiences. I'll save that for another thread) with sweet, insipid milky tea.

To my surprise I found that it was pretty easy to like. No milk, no sugar, just straight black or green tea.

But I've realised I know absolutely nothing about tea. It seems an area where there is plenty of room for the unwary to be fleeced so, tea drinkers, share your knowledge with me.

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

Try some jasmine tea nuigga. Green tea with flowers in it so that tea can be even gayer. I like it with a little bit of sugar.

p.s.
    use fresh water
    warm up your cup or pot first with some of the hot water, then make your tea
    brew green tea for about a minute and a half and black for about two or three. If you want to change the strength use more or less leaves or bags instead of changing the brewing time.

Registered Member Supporting Member bob's Avatar

Yes | No

Is there much difference between leaves and bags?

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

Leaves give you more control over the strength of your tea since you can add as many as you want. Some people also claim that bags tend to use lower grade leaves and the best stuff is saved for the loose leaf blends, but I don't know if I buy that.

Yes | No

You can get reusable strainers so the leaves don't end up in the tea you drink.

Yes | No

i love tea. asian teas straight, but i like my english tea with lots of cream and sugar.

i would say for full leaves and use either a strainer or a straining tea pot. it just feels more like tea that way, and i don't like the visual that "tea bagging" has evolved into.

Yes | No

bob - welcome. Nothing better than a white or green tea (okay, other than this awesome Mint and Ginger herbal infusion I've discovered from Tetley's). If you're not drinking for the caffeine hit then do try herbal 'teas' too.

I believe you have quite the well trained palate so you'd be best off avoiding black tea, sugar, milk and 'flavoured' teas (eg. Strawberries and cream...yech).

One other trick is that to reduce the tannin content in your brew, dip the tea bag for 3-5 seconds in a little boiling water. Throw out the water and pour fresh hot water into the cup with the tea bag. I find the brew then has a smoother taste without the tannin bite.
    "She's shown she's into Butterface not Butterbody, too." - Snake

Yes | No

My tea has 36 active alkaloids nigga.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    MOM34 is easy to fist. 5 kids have come through that set of french dooors she calls a snatch.

Yes | No

Why can't you drink coffee all day? If it's the caffeine, then you may not want to drink certain types of tea all day either.

Otherwise... Darjeeling is good, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane View Post
    It's the rough end of the pineapple for you Mon ami .

Yes | No

HAHAHAHAHA, nice one!

Although I can't help but wonder how many burned vaginas were the result of someone somewhere giving this a shot.