Thread: What's in the fridge

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Default What's in the fridge

This thread is not about refined dinner party recipes or exquisite things you tried in a restaurant or foreign locale. This is about stuff you cooked up with whatever you could find in the kitchen because you didn't have time to go out shopping.

Today I couldn't be bothered to go out shopping. I pulled the following out of the fridge and cupboards.

Cheap diced pork shoulder (a 2 packet which feeds 4 people).

Some spanish chorizo.

A red pepper

An onion

Chicken stock cube

Chili flakes

Brown rice

2 cartons of economy-brand chopped tomato & juice.

Slowly fried the chorizo in olive oil until the oil turned orange. Threw pork in. Browned it. Threw sliced red pepper and onion in. Chilli flakes. 2 twists of black pepper. Stir. Pour over 2
    cartons of chopped tomato. Crumbled chicken stock cube. A cup of water. Left until pork is soft.

Brown rice done in another pot. Pork, tomato & chili stew over brown rice.

It worked. Total cost of meal probably under 2 per head.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

I'm on a diet.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    MOM34 is easy to fist. 5 kids have come through that set of french dooors she calls a snatch.

Yes | No

I will toss whatever chicken parts I have (leg quarters or breasts usually) into a pot with a can of tomatoes (stewed or diced), a can of beans (chick peas typically), a diced onion, and garlic top it off which chicken stock.

To that I season with turmeric, coriander, paprika, black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, and upon serving I'll add tobasco.

Serve that over cooked rice, barley, or couscous.

I don't even bother thawing the chicken. Just simmer til it's probably done.

With on-sale leg quarters, this would be less than a dollar per serving, I'm almost sure.