Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MySpace or Facebook - Which side of the tracks do you live on?

Yes | No

Default MySpace or Facebook - Which side of the tracks do you live on?

I just had to laugh when I read this. I'm a Facebook user myself. I didn't care for all the "bling" that people would put on their MySpace pages plus most of the people I went to high school and college with are on Facebook.

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/guest/25474/

Yes | No

I held out as long as possible. I just liked fostering real life connections more. Then I tried out Facebook when it was just a "college only" thing. It was neat, sort of. I was about to delete it when my family across country and my friends in Iraq/istan basically begged me to join MySpace. I put up a simple profile and used it to message them as they refused to read their emails. Then Facebook got HUGE. Everyone shifted from MySpace to Facebook. I already had a FB account so I just started using that. I still have a MySpace up but it's from like 2004 and hasn't had any traffic or use since about then also.

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Neither. I spend enough time on the computer as it is. From what I can tell, FB will just suck you in and steal your soul. And Myspace seems to be for teenagers.

Yes | No

The only thing FB is really good for is letting everyone (that's on it) you know about something at once. It's like a passive spam email that anyone can interact with if they so choose.

ejemplos:
    Party this weekend! Call me if you want to come.
    Headed out to the east coast, if you want me to stop by lemme know.
    Kidney stones.... pain pain PAIN. Pray for me.

Yes | No

The reason people abandoned MySpace had more to do with the fact that it's a shitty, shitty web application overrun with spam and low-quality profiles that blare music at you and give you sparkle-induced seizures.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. "
    - Robert A. Heinlein

hey, how's yer margarita? Angry Mandrill's Avatar

Yes | No

i've avoided any social networking, unless you wanna count this place.

my wife signed up for facebook and all these people i used to know came crawling out of the woodwork, bugging her to have me contact them. i consider it justified punishment for her folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy peacock
    Not drunk is he who from the floor can rise alone and still drink more; but drunk is he who prostrate lies without the power to drink or rise.

Yes | No

I do it for a living, and consequently, I use my personal account to socially torture people misguided enough to list themselves as my 'friends'.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. "
    - Robert A. Heinlein

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    I have no friends.

SFGOON

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    I do it for a living, and consequently, I use my personal account to socially torture people misguided enough to list themselves as my 'friends'.
    The inverse is also true, have you considered you make an excellent bullseye?

My sister seem to be quite fond of your trollings.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by NunOnBreak
    Ex's make things complicated. I have removed all online presence other than sociocide, she doesn't know my username or that I post here.
    That's rough, bro.