Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is my refrigerator running?

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Default Is my refrigerator running?

Okay, it's running, but I think I have a problem with it. Shit inside gets wet. Say I stick in a bag of rolls or whatnot to keep them from drying up. Water will accumulate inside the bag after a while. I understand why this would happen if i put a container of warm food inside of it, but this is room-temperature stuff we're talking about. Also, my package of cheese had water collect inside. Same with my fucking margarine. I open the lid and see water droplets on it. WTF?

I can't tell 100% if this should or should not be happening because I have no experience with leaving food in there for that long. Back home there were 5 of us, so food went pretty quickly.

Yes | No

When you say 'bag', are you talking paper, ziplock, plastic or hopefully not burlap?

What setting is the fridge on? Is the milk going bad?

Some have a humidity setting, but I've only seen it on the bins where you put veggies or cold-cuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane View Post
    It's the rough end of the pineapple for you Mon ami .

Yes | No

It's a plastic bag, like the ones that bread comes in for example. Not exactly air-tight, but I didn't think there would be that much moisture inside of it. I need to put paper towels inside to soak up the moisture, otherwise the bread gets soggy.

The milk goes bad maybe a bit sooner than the expiration date, which I guess should be a red flag that it's not set cold enough.

Yes | No

Invest in some ziplocks. See if they help. Maybe get some cheap containers too.

Um.. put the bread in the toaster for a little bit?

Either drink more milk or buy a smaller container.
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....

Yes | No

The milk goes bad a day or two before the expiration date at most, so it's not really that big a deal. I already buy the smallest containers and eat cereal almost every day for breakfast. It's only really a problem when I decide not to eat cereal for a few days for whatever reason (usually just cuz I get sick of it).

I have ziplocks already. I might just have to transfer everything to them instead of leaving them in the regular bags. What about the margarine, though? I never remembered opening the container and seeing water droplets on the bottom of the lid before. It's weird.

The cheese was in a resealable package, too. Maybe not as good as a ziplock, though...

Yes | No

Inside the lid?

Condensation means make it colder...
    for example....

Yes | No

What does your fridge sound like? I mean is it constantly running or does it seem like you never hear it at all? Did this just start pretty recently without screwing around with the temp setting and how cold do you have it turned to now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    Steve wasn't in CTC but he's one of us in spirit. I can't explain it.
    <3

SHARK FARTS!

Yes | No

It's been going on forever, and I don't know what it sounds like to be honest. I just checked the temp settings and it was on 4 out of 7, so I stuck it on 5.5. Though I would have thought warmer = less condensation, since coldness makes condensation easier...

Will she be set upon you? jubei33's Avatar

Yes | No

try a box of baking soda.

sounds like it might be going.
    Where have all the hobos gone to?

RESOLVE IS A DISHONEST PERSON.

http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

Yes | No

I thought baking soda only captured smells and shit?

It could be breaking down, I guess. I don't know how long it's been here. I'll do some more tests (ziplock bags, baking soda, different temperatures), and if shit is still getting wet, I'll just call up the housing people and have them tell me to fuck off or something.