Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your favourite restaurants?

Hein vom Richterbach adored! Photobucket Truculent Sheep's Avatar

Yes | No

Default What are your favourite restaurants?

Got an eatery you really like? Is it in a relatively obscure part of the world or just down the road? Does it deliver the goods and not give you food poisoning? Would you cry if it burnt down and all the staff died? If so, list your favourite restaurant, or review it, and let the rest of the forum wonder if theirs is any better...

Yes | No

Govinda's!!
    Great food, all you can eat, and nice grounds. Vegetarian/vegan. The biggest complaint I heard while working there was that they use paper plates and plastic utensils (no room for a dishwasher, no money for extra room and probably none for replacements). Don't worry, the staff won't push any ideals/literature at you (unless you ask).

Round here? There's a nice diner that me mah and I go to for breakfast. They make a veggie skillet that before I started eating eggs would substitute extra cheese and potatoes. 24 hr too. Riverview Diner. Comments seem to say they have poor service - it isn't the fastest or most attentive, but we never have poor service.

Yes | No

Sofra in Auburn, a Lebanese take away with some plastic seats and loud Arabic TV playing in the background (read: Muslim central in Sydney). Best falafel in Australia and my husband thinks their kebabs are damn good. Fresh pide, home made garlic sauce and hommus. Haven't been there in 2 years though, heard it's gone down the drain with new management :(

So yeah, not helpful but I'm hungry right now.
    "She's shown she's into Butterface not Butterbody, too." - Snake

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Right now it's anything that has a dollar menu.

Yes | No

Restaurants don't have dollar menus.

Hein vom Richterbach adored! Photobucket Truculent Sheep's Avatar

Yes | No

In the Romford area, I've enjoyed Pho 18, which is a Vietnamese restaurant, and a Chadwell Heath-based Indian restaurant called Bhangra Beat. Top Geezers.

Winchester is home to the Gurkha Chef and the Gandhi, which are both recommended even if it means you have to visit a dysfunctional tourist attraction town with a violent underclass, appalling students and rich dipshits from London buying up all the nice houses.

If you ever end up in Maldon, Essex, do try The Heybridge Tandoori. Don't go to any of the pubs though, as most of them are hideaways for the inbred locals who think Barking is too far away.

Most of my Central London food needs come in the form of the Veg buffet in Soho. Yes, I like tofu-based 'meat' and I am not ashamed.

Yes | No

Pomegranate. "Mediterranean" (the owner is Persian) place just down the street. It's not the best food in the world, or even the neighborhood, but it is quite good, the staff are super warm and friendly, the wine list is tiny but actually pretty tasty, they have fresh baked flatbread that just begs for an order of babaganoush (which is awesome), just all around everything I like about a neighborhood restaurant. If the pomegranate duck is on special, order it.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    Right now it's anything that has a dollar menu.
    WTH Poops?!!!!! Let Sociocide sponsor your food budget (I'll do it on my own if I have to!).

Yes | No

Pest pizza in San Diego for almost 56 years. http://www.venicepizzahouse.com/
    When that place closes a piece of me will be gone forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    MOM34 is easy to fist. 5 kids have come through that set of french dooors she calls a snatch.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    Pest pizza in San Diego for almost 56 years. http://www.venicepizzahouse.com/
    When that place closes a piece of me will be gone forever.
    Yum.