Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social cuts rsponsible for syphilis!!!

Yes | No

Default Social cuts rsponsible for syphilis!!!

Michigan has been undergoing a massive carving festival of state services for nearly a decade, with each progressive year finding lawmakers cutting more from the budget than the previous year. Lawmakers say they are long past cutting fat and muscle and are now down to carving out bone.

And that just might be the reason three of the state's 83 counties are reporting an upsurge of syphilis cases, as I reported in the Michigan Messenger on April 29.
    http://gayrights.change.org/blog/vie...blem_increases

Uhuh thats right you need state intervention to stop you getting sex

Yes | No

Max, I think you need a basic lesson in how public health services control venereal disease.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Yes | No

They use a fence or sumit?

Yes | No

They test and notify people who have been exposed so they will take their penicillin and not infect other people.

(mind you, I think the OP article may be reaching, syphilis rates have gone up in some other places also)
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

I'd say the meeting strangers on the internet to anally probe is more responsible, but I guess that's a left-right thing.
    Last edited by Cullion; 14th May 10 at 11:19 AM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Yes it would seem that right wingers are more likely to know about such things

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Absolutely.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Wounded Ronin

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Max Stirner
    They use a fence or sumit?
    If you didn't know anything about syphillis, how would you know that you had it?

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    If you didn't know anything about syphillis, how would you know that you had it?
    If I was stupid enough to have unprotected sex with unknown partners then I guess I would be too stupid to realise that I might catch something, your right.

Wounded Ronin

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Max Stirner
    If I was stupid enough to have unprotected sex with unknown partners then I guess I would be too stupid to realise that I might catch something, your right.
    What is more is that the initial symptoms of syphillis are a bit subtle and actually go away after a short while. So if someone were ignorant they'd think they "got better", and then they'd be on their merry way spreading it around.

That's why county-level public health agencies do contact investigations for this kind of thing. They actually find out who you had sex with, find all of those people, and bring them in for testing and treatment.

So now you've answered your question. Seeing as some people are ignorant and don't necessarily get the concept of asymptomatic contagious disease, if you didn't have those contact investigations, certain diseases would be a lot more likely to spread through the population.