Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If Dawkins wasn't a Professor...

Yes | No

Default If Dawkins wasn't a Professor...

If Dawkins wasn't a professor would people take him so seriously?

I'll admit I've yet to read the God Delusion but from what a few Humanist friends tell me it isn't anything particularly original. Mainly just vitrol and arguments against religion. I've taken a gander at the selfish gene, very interesting stuff.

Yes | No

I really liked the selfish gene.

Memes what a brillaint idea!!!

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

No, most people wouldn't take him so seriously.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

People take Christopher Hitchens seriously when he speaks, and he's a columnist for vanity fair... because of what he says, not his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearsmann
    I'll admit I've yet to read the God Delusion but from what a few Humanist friends tell me it isn't anything particularly original. Mainly just vitrol and arguments against religion.
    It's about why and how religion sucks, that's all that's in the book. And the reason he dedicated a whole book to the issue is that religion is, and has been for a long time, one of the most destructive forces in the world. No, that's not an original thought. It's not intended to be an original book. It's intended to bring light to the masses.

Yes | No

He's got an accent. Somebody somewhere will listen to him.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Tearsmann
    If I wasn't a making crappy one paragraph O.Ps would people take me more seriously?

I'll admit I've yet to read the God Delusion but from what a few Humanist friends tell me it isn't anything particularly original. Mainly just vitrol and arguments against religion. I've taken a gander at the selfish gene, very interesting stuff.

Fixed

Yes | No

Still waiting for the Pope vs Dawkins cage match...

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by inventory
    People take Christopher Hitchens seriously when he speaks, and he's a columnist for vanity fair... because of what he says, not his job.
    Christopher Hitchens is a professional social commentator and political polemicist. Some people take him seriously.

It's about why and how religion sucks, that's all that's in the book. And the reason he dedicated a whole book to the issue is that religion is, and has been for a long time, one of the most destructive forces in the world. No, that's not an original thought. It's not intended to be an original book. It's intended to bring light to the masses.
    Dawkins has his own irrational religion and his arguments are full of absurd factual holes and rants.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA
    Still waiting for the Pope vs Dawkins cage match...
    I think the Pope would fuck Dawkins up in a cage match. 'Specially if it was no holds barred fight to the death. He's got that look in his eye, like the one a bad muthafucker has right before he bites your nose off. Don't mess with the Pope.

Also, can weapons be allowed? I just have a vision of the Pope snarling manaically while whirring an incese burner around his head like a morningstar, and knocking Dawkins block off with it.

But what would Dawkins use to defend himself?

Yes | No

He'd hide behind his wife, the former Dr. Who assistant.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME