Thread: Pasta con i neri

Stand out of my kennel Aphid Jones's Avatar

Yes | No

Default Pasta con i neri

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8627335.stm

An Australian publisher has had to pulp and reprint a cook-book after one recipe listed "salt and freshly ground black people" instead of black pepper.
    Penguin Group Australia had to reprint 7,000 copies of Pasta Bible last week, the Sydney Morning Herald has reported.
    The reprint cost A$20,000 ($18,000; 12,000), but stock in bookshops will not be recalled as it is "extremely hard" to do so, Penguin said.
    The recipe was for spelt tagliatelle with sardines and prosciutto.
    "We're mortified that this has become an issue of any kind, and why anyone would be offended, we don't know," head of publishing Bob Sessions is quoted as saying by the Sydney newspaper.
    Penguin said almost every one of the more than 150 recipes in the book listed salt and freshly ground black pepper, but a misprint occurred on just one page.
    "When it comes to the proofreader, of course they should have picked it up, but proofreading a cook-book is an extremely difficult task. I find that quite forgivable," Mr Sessions said.
    If anyone complains about the "silly mistake", they will be given the new version, Penguin said.
    When Sociocide dies, who gets The ?

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

meh, I'd be surprised if many black people really cared about a little misprint like that.
    On the other hand, the dude might have just gotten way more than 12000 worth of publicity by making that gesture.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

so was I wrong to make it with ground up black people? I have a large surplus in my area

Yes | No

sounds like good eatin
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

They must use that book here....

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane View Post
    It's the rough end of the pineapple for you Mon ami .

Yes | No

"why anyone would be offended, we don't know"

Hmm. I would agree they're stupid for being offended, but I know why they would be.

Yes | No

I wonder how many black people who can read Italian actually saw this Australian cookbook before the news story?
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

Ah, the magic of the intarweb!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    We all have our respective crosses to bear.... We all have flaws and virtues, and frequently our virtues are bound up with our flaws. And those characteristics are all magnified when one takes charge of a quarrelsome Internet forum.
    for example....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiktin Voxbane View Post
    It's the rough end of the pineapple for you Mon ami .