Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Dawkins is planning to have the Pope arrested!

Senior Member Photobucket Craigypooh's Avatar

Yes | No

Default Richard Dawkins is planning to have the Pope arrested!

For trying to cover up child abuse in the church. Under UK law anyone can be arrested for crimes against humanity wherever those crimes happened.

Who says atheists don't know how to have fun?

Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, the atheist author, are seeking advice from human rights lawyers as to what legal action can be taken against the pope over his alleged cover-up of sexual abuse in the Catholic church.

Dawkin and Hitchens believe he should face criminal proceedings because his "first instinct" was to protect the church rather than the children in its care.

They are hoping to exploit the same legal principle used to arrest Augusto Pinochet, the late Chilean dictator, on a Spanish warrant when he visited Britain in 1998.

The Pope will be visit London, Glasgow and Coventry, during his time in the UK between September 16 and 19.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-humanity.html

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

I told you he was nuts.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Senior Member Photobucket Craigypooh's Avatar

Yes | No

Whole hazelnuts.

Yes | No

anything that causes more trouble for the pope at this point can only do good. reading press releases from various catholic authorities is just sickening; no admission of wrong doing, only admitting that there is a media shit storm going on. they need to realize they can't spin this and their claims of infallibility have painted them into a corner. they can't claim this was isolated incidents, or fringe elements in the church anymore.

how's this playing in Italy? over here every one and their dog is attacking the Church, especially Catholics.

Ka-Bar

Yes | No

Oh, this would be like Christmas, Hannukah, Eid and Kwanzaa all combined if this shitstorm actually went down.

I think Hitchens is crazy enough to do it.

Wounded Ronin

Yes | No

What I don't understand is why the Catholic church seems to have attracted so many pedophiles from the previous generation.

Yes | No

A celibate priesthood makes a problematic sexuality look like a calling. If god calls you to a celibate lifestyle already...

In my family, this manifested as pushing gay members towards the priesthood, but I assume it works out similarly for other problematic sexual stuff.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

I think HoG has nailed it. It would surprise me not at all if most of the time the people in question weren't even consciously sure what their 'problematic sexuality' was at the time when the enlist, they just have this funny feeling inside that a mainstream family life is not for them.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Stand out of my kennel Aphid Jones's Avatar

Yes | No

Do you think there's still a large percentage of "legitimately called" to celibacy priests in the church, Cullion?

You don't really see these scandals coming out of the Orthodox, are they just good at covering it up or is there a real difference?
    When Sociocide dies, who gets The ?

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    I told you he has nuts.
    Fixed.