Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DAYoung, behold your nemesis.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

I don't know about the BNP, but I wonder how many people who secretly agree with the Klan don't say so, because the face of the Klan is usually someone who is an ignorant, violent, unstable cunt. I imagine that an eloquent, intelligent, logical spokesman for the KKK who could make their philosophy appear rational and true could be more dangerous than the physical acts of the average mouth-foaming tit baby who gets to appear on Springer.
    ^ Exactly.

The BNP have gained ground by talking about the things other politicians pretend aren't happening. The reason that I consider them evil is that their solutions to these problems are cruel and founded in an irrational hatred of phenotypes.

They believe that the blood in your veins is more important than the ideals you hold.

And even if we already lived in a 100% 'anglo' society where racism wasn't much of an issue, their social and economic policies are extremely authoritarian and foolish.

This man ought to be intelligent enough to see that, but it's almost as if he revels in the chaos and suffering those ideals would cause.

Having looked at the art on his website (which is, I'm afraid to say, relatively accomplished from my perspective), he seems to hint at self-portrait sometimes.

I'd like Danno to analyse it for me. Especially 'Kratos I'.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy
    The root of his ideas are either that brown people are icky or that he can get something he wants by playing up to people who think that brown people are icky.
    I'm not sure. I think that's almost a side-effect of what he really thinks.

The mainstream media can't do ridicule.
    Well, ok, but they do make a lot of effort with these people.

Ask me nicely and we'll loan you the sisters of perpetual indulgence. They know ridicule.

And also how to catch blatant closet cases with their pants down on webcam.
    I'm not sure if attacking sexuality would work the same way here. We're a much less religious society (although we're still more like you than, say, modern France or Germany). We have openly gay cabinet ministers, extra-marital affairs are now basically survivable allegations with a good apology etc..

Firmly demonstrating financial corruption is more likely to work as an ad-hominem in the UK.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

The political career of David Duke would suggest otherwise.
    Perhaps. Or perhaps he just reiterated the same tired drivel his slack-jawed associates did, but with bigger words and a nicer tone of voice, without creating new rationales that could seduce people on the fence. Though you're right; his association with the KKK branded him from the start, thank god.

Still, if something like the Tea Party taps into a demographic that feel sa certain way but can't articulate why, and justifies their emotions on the national stage, I wonder how far away we are from a meme that taps into latent emotions of racism and convinces the peiople who feel that way that there's nothing shameful about it.

I guess when I see that we are really only two generations removed from the vileness of segregation, and our leaders are only a generation removed or not at all, I can't help but think that those ideas are out there, very widespread, and the social teaching of the seventies and eighties has only imparted a sense that such thoughts are shameful and wrong - not eliminating the feelings, but tempering them with what is essentially social conditioning. What happens when someone develops a narrative that short-circuits the social conditioning?

Yes | No

David Duke wasn't in the same circumstances as this guy. This could be a 'right time, right place' issue.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    David Duke wasn't in the same circumstances as this guy. This could be a 'right time, right place' issue.
    Could be, but I don't really believe that ideology or intellectual debate are actually that relevant to the appeal (or deconstruction of) far right ideologies. I think pipes is onto something when he talks about inarticulate rage. But you can't defeat that by outarguing it. You can only make people laugh at it.

Which is the sort of theater that the sisters are really good at. Not that they would be above outing a guy like that, but street theater is their main gig. Although, given the demographics and beliefs of the BNP, I'm pretty sure that an outing would be the end of his career.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Yes | No

Could be, but I don't really believe that ideology or intellectual debate are actually that relevant to the appeal (or deconstruction of) far right ideologies.
    One part of the reason the BNP have been gaining ground in the UK is that they've been able to somewhat shed their 'despicable violent skinhead' image and appear like respectable patriots with real ideas. A revolt against 'political correctness' etc.. This man is a big part of that.

I think pipes is onto something when he talks about inarticulate rage. But you can't defeat that by outarguing it. You can only make people laugh at it.
    This man's rage is evil and wrong, but it is not inarticulate IMHO. I take your point about the difficulty of changing a belief by 'proving' it wrong (look how often that fails for us on sociocide amongst ourselves), but I do believe that it's possible to culturally subvert an idea with proper thought and access to the right publicity channels.

Which is the sort of theater that the sisters are really good at. Not that they would be above outing a guy like that, but street theater is their main gig. Although, given the demographics and beliefs of the BNP, I'm pretty sure that an outing would be the end of his career.
    I don't think it would in the UK. Many of the top Nazis were gay, Griffin, their leader has been accused of gay affairs by former aides, and it doesn't stick. We just don't have the same cultural leverage points that you find in the US. It's easier to upset working class brits by pointing out that somebody is a thief.
    Last edited by Cullion; 19th March 10 at 05:55 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

This statement reminds me of the school in Billy Jack, in a good way. I'll have to check the sisters out.

Yes | No

This could be a case of similar looking things actually being alot different across the water. Here in the states, those idiots are around, but they have gone from being pretty mainstream within my lifetime, to being a despised lunatic fringe. In the last 15 years or so, the lunatic fringe has grown some, but primarily because of close associations with prison gangs that do up the numbers a bit but guarantee permanent irrelevance in politics. I almost feel sorry for them in terms of mainstream culture, however if you are involved in any way with our criminal justice system then these fuckheads can be a serious threat.

But the result is that guys who try to step up as respectable frontmen, it just doesn't work.

Although another difference is that our mainstream right probably has more nudge nudge wink wink racists in it than yours does, a la Glen beck et al, which also steals the respectable members from the far right nutjobs.
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Yes | No

Although another difference is that our mainstream right probably has more nudge nudge wink wink racists in it than yours does, a la Glen beck et al, which also steals the respectable members from the far right nutjobs.
    I think it's this plus our more generous welfare system heightens the contrast. I think this applies across much of Western Europe.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

I agree with many of his observations, but what is implied is horrifying. his power is he talks about problems most would like to forget exists; so if you wish to vanquish him you must engage him on this level, but suggest alternative solutions that aren't racially biased. it's not about Anglo Saxons Vs. the world. that's too easy to be true. the real fight is to change the fight.