Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have these in America ?

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

Default Do you have these in America ?

This is a surveillance drone as used in the UK by law enforcement. I bet the American version has an underslung grenade launcher on it or something:-

ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Lights Out

Yes | No

Looks expensive and easily breakeable (that is, double expensive).

Your taxes at work.

Seriously, they seem to have designed that... thing with the sole purpose of pissing you off: 1984-style surveillance+more tax spending.

Yes | No

Yes. It's just to fuck with our minds. I've decided that the entire UK is now a much larger version of 'the Island' depicted in 'The Prisoner'. I'm going to start referring to Gordon Brown as 'number 2' from now on.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Zendetta

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Yes. It's just to fuck with our minds. I've decided that the entire UK is now a much larger version of 'the Island' depicted in 'The Prisoner'. I'm going to start referring to Gordon Brown as 'number 2' from now on.
    Currently, we have some laws that ostensibly prevent unwarranted surveillance, but I'm sure they will get around them in due time.

Be seeing you...

Yes | No

Not that I know of.

Know where I can buy one?
    I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I sit in front of this computer, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the gym, he gets stronger

Yes | No

I thought the Patriot Acts already ripped through that like a hymen on prom night ?
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Yes | No

No we have guns and police dogs. I really want to believe that your nifty bobby chopper was stolen from the front page of the onion.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    MOM34 is easy to fist. 5 kids have come through that set of french dooors she calls a snatch.

Zendetta

Yes | No

I thought the Patriot Acts already ripped through that like a hymen on prom night ?
    If they can tar you the terr'rist brush, I'm sure that's true.

An example of what I'm talking about: the cops are pretty sure you are growing marijuana, but they don't yet have anything that would convince a judge to give them permission to conduct surveillance.

They would love to send a 'copter with an infrared camera to scan your house for the obvious tell-tale heat signature, but they can't conduct surveillance on you without first jumping thru the hoops.

In other words, they will simply have to lie to the judge that an "anonymous informant" saw weed plants at your house. Since said informant is anonymous, who knows whether he exists or not?

Then they get permission to fly over and record the thermal evidence. Once they have that, they can get a search warrant, kick down your door, shoot your dog, etc etc.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by TECHNO VIKING
    No we have guns and police dogs. I really want to believe that your nifty bobby chopper was stolen from the front page of the onion.
    No, it's completely real and in use.

Zendetta, our own version of the Patriot Acts, most of them sold as 'anti-Terrorism laws' have been used for all kinds of things that really have nothing to do with terrorism. America still has better safeguards though, by the look of it.
    Last edited by Cullion; 19th February 10 at 06:15 PM.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Zendetta

Yes | No

Zendetta, our own version of the Patriot Acts, most of them sold as 'anti-Terrorism laws' have been used for all kinds of things that really have nothing to do with terrorism.
    That would never happen in America!!!!

Spoiler:
    During the height of post 9/11 madness, the FBI was considering living rooms gatherings of anti-iraq war baby-boomers to be "potential terrorist organizations". So, yeah, we got that too.

That's what I was trying to imply: you don't have to be a terrorist to get tarred with that brush.

Spoiler:
    I suspect that you share my fear that in the coming years/months/weeks, plenty of legit people and organizations that do not fit into the mainstream mindset will find themselves on Fascism Cam. Its a social control strategy straight out of Orwell.