Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retrogamers and perverts alike will love this

CoffeeFan

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by socratic
    Have you guys seen Paul Robertson's stuff? He did 'Pirate Baby Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006' and one other one that was really good. The guy is totally fucked in the head (he likes guro) but is great at making nerdy, chock-full-of-game-references, over-the-top sprite movies.

Warning, NSFW:
    http://probertson.livejournal.com/
    I found this very creative and disturbing (VERY NSFW)

Spoiler:

Yes | No

Find 'Pirate Baby Cabana Street Battle'. It's actually just straight up entertaining and not completely fucked in the head. IE: No dickgirls, guro, etc. There's zombie chix who give birth to zombie babies but that's awesome. And one of the supermoves one of the characters in Pirate Baby pulls summons Walter Sobcheck.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Yes | No

They don't give birth so much as zombie babies explode from their distended abdomens and then try to claw the main dude's face off.

Yes | No

Here's a low quality youtube of it. Google search and you can download the whole 12 or so minute film in one file.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo8VPFhSbs4

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gP4VYjBrlM&

In case you're wondering, Paul Robertson's an Aussie so the big 7 in the executive's room is a reference to the Australian channel 7 news network. IE: They're executing channel 7 news network's executives.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.

Yes | No

This is really something!!

I'm glad that somebody got so fascinated by that breed of games, to end up creating short movies with that look and feel. I for one remember those graphics, sounds, cartoon-like-but-too-few-frames with the glee of the golden years. It's a whole aesthetics and it's great to see it explored and exploited and regurgitated.

What the heck, the next generation will soon be getting watery eyes at the tought of standard-def textured polygons and non-immersive controlschemes. But MY 2D MEMORIES will ne'er be surpassed by those gimmicks I tell ya! (and we had 3d too and it was neater, without those useless textures. Elite, Damocles, Frontier...)

Yes | No

The humble sidescroller will march on. Metal Slug is still going for example. And then homage games like Viewtiful Joe come out every now and then.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by creativo
    I just saw this hilarious thing floating around the "BuzzBlogSocialNet" and I quite like it. The right amount of sex, pixelated graphics, trendy music and utter creativity.

Those youngsters nowadays have some real neat tools to play around with, and express their wicked fantasies.

http://www.vimeo.com/7670880

Yes | No

i've always loved this kind of stuff.