Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rage against the X Factor!!

Registered Member Supporting Member JingMerchant!'s Avatar

Yes | No

Default Rage against the X Factor!!

I'm not usually one to have any truck with games or groups on Facebook (Sorry Phrost!).

But this one was just too good to miss!

Apparently, this group on FB, are dead set on ousting the usual X Factor related rubbish from the top of the UK chart this year and I thought this was too much fun to pass up!

Here's an article with the details :- http://www.clashmusic.com/news/rage-...-christmas-hit

So, I say to unto all you 'Ciders, especially the UK ones, do your bit for some serious IRL trolling and a truly legendary Christmas number one!

Go on!!

You know you want to!!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkuOAY-S6OY

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

what is x-factor?

Registered Member Supporting Member JingMerchant!'s Avatar

Yes | No

It's basically Pop/American Idol and Britain/America's got Talent in a slightly different dress.

Yes | No

Holy shit! It's working!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8413557.stm

Rock band Rage Against The Machine is ahead of X Factor winner Joe McElderry in the race for the Christmas number one, early sales figures suggest.

A Facebook group aiming to get the band's 1992 hit Killing In The Name to the top of the festive chart has attracted more than 750,000 members.

But McElderry's debut The Climb, out on CD on Wednesday, is expected to catch up by the weekend.

Yes | No

That quote almost had me seriously LOLing. For a second, I thought that was Rock Band: Rage Against the Machine, and the band had sold the rights of their songs to a corporation.

Yes | No

Anything that gets Christmas No 1 is destined to be played every day at this time forever more. The potential for epic is immeasurable.

Registered Member Supporting Member Odacon's Avatar

Yes | No

"Rage Against The Machine, meanwhile, are signed to Epic Records, which is part of Sony BMG, the same label as McElderry. "

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

There's every chance that this is a guerilla marketing campaign by Sony.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

If you actually want to piss record company executives off I heartily suggest you just pirate as much music as possible and simply don't listen to chart shows.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Registered Member Supporting Member Odacon's Avatar

Yes | No

Done and done.