Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Angle Charged With HGH Possesion

Yes | No

Television Kurt Angle Charged With HGH Possesion

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main/ku...ssion%2F624251

MCKEES ROCKS, Pa. (Aug. 17) -- Pro wrestler and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle has been arrested on charges of possessing a human growth hormone and violating an order of protection in suburban Pittsburgh.
    Angle was arrested about 7:50 a.m. Saturday in a Robinson Township strip mall parking lot. His girlfriend, who said she obtained a protection order about 1 1/2 hours earlier after the two fought Friday night, alleged that he had circled the lot staring at her as she sat in a coffee shop, according to a police affidavit.
    Police said they found the human growth hormone Hygetropin in Angle's car, and the wrestler told them he had a prescription for the drug. He also told officers he had not seen the woman and was looking for a hotel because he was barred from his home.

Angle, 40, was charged with violating the order of protection, harassment, possession of drugs and paraphernalia and driving with a suspended license. He posted bail and is scheduled to appear for a hearing Tuesday on the drug and harassment charges and Wednesday on the charge of violating the protection order, a court clerk said.
    Angle's attorney, Michael Santicola, said Sunday night that there appears to be no cooperating evidence for the protection order. He said Angle stopped at the coffee shop on his way to a hotel and the woman happened to be there.
    Angle, the current heavyweight champion of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, was scheduled to appear in a TNA Wrestling event Sunday night in Orlando, Fla. Steven Godfrey, spokesman for Nashville, Tenn.-based TNA Wrestling, declined to comment on the arrest but said the main event between Angle, Sting and "The Blueprint'' Matt Morgan would go on as scheduled.
    Godfrey also said TNA has a drug policy in place for staff and performers, but he declined to release the details.
    Angle is a two-time NCAA Division I wrestling champion at Clarion University in western Pennsylvania. He won the 220-pound championship at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, defeating Iran's Abbas Jadidi for the gold medal, and has been a professional wrestler since 1998.
    In September, Angle was found not guilty of drunken driving in Moon Township outside Pittsburgh. A motorist told police Angle had cut her off while leaving a bar parking lot.

Yes | No

The impression I got from modern-era [American] boxing is that it was a vehicle in which urban young men aspired to be not as much of a douche as they used to be...or at the very least, the decline in douche-baggery was happenstance to being busy.

I'm extremely disappointed in MMA culture. It seems like it's a venue in which to show-off and increase douche-baggery.

Especially for white, and to some degree, hispanic kids.

I recently took advantage of a free session of rolling at a newish nearby MMA gym.

During the course of casual conversation it was brought up that cops have run into arresstees at the evening practices.

That's not particularly becoming for either party.

For shame.

I'd migrate over to Judo if I ever find myself motivated again. Fuck that noise.

Blad3 was the writing on the wall.
    Last edited by Kein Haar; 17th August 09 at 08:26 AM.
    If your daughter isn't wearing her hijab, you can see it and slap her.

-Creativo

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

How do police officers cope if they meet somebody they've previously arrested in a social context? I suppose it largely depends on what they were being arrested for and how they behaved when the officer showed up, but I'm interested.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

I'd be comfortable if I was particularly impartial and sympathetic; in which case, if I couldn't avoid him, I'd inquire about how he's doing and tell him to take care of himself...or something like that...and try to conclude the interaction ASAP on a high note.

If there were any pissing matches, or really horrible characters, I'd just leave immediately.

-Creativo

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

It sounds like you really have to get 'in character' for work and find it extremely uncomfortable to be forced back into that persona when not working.

That doesn't sound surprising at all, now I think about what police work involves.
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.

Yes | No

this leads me to another question I've been asking myself:

what if you came to your respective gym and your boss/coworker/acquaintance who you've been secretly (or openly) wanting to punch their face in was there. do you get to fulfill your fantasies and beat the crap out of them? (assuming you can, of course)

Yes | No

Take the guy from yesterday, for instance.

He was [not extremely] drunk, and while walking home he decided (on his own) to crash a party inside someone's house. During the partiers removal of him, he bit someone really good on the chest.

The hell you say to some feral asshole like that?

Nothing.

-Creativo

Registered Member Fearless Ukemi's Avatar

Yes | No

Let your fists do the talking. It's legal in that context.

Yes | No

All the OP confirms is that you can have all the talent in the world and still be an asshole. I've often wondered why Angle didn't make the transition to MMA after Lesnar. Maybe being 40 and needing HGH to keep up is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntactical Dysruptorize
    Stop being nice. Start doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    ...Also, never take a shit and throw it into a deep fryer. I really regret doing that.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Ukemi
    Let your fists do the talking. It's legal in that context.
    They did, but not nearly enough.

As for me, that's just a cue to leave if I see him anywhere else.

-Creativo