Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Cop'an List

your avatar gives me epiliptic fits Adouglasmhor's Avatar

Yes | No

I also got myself a Danger Mouse t shirt because I wanted to.

Danger Mouse is called Donnie Murdo in Gaelic for some reason. It was a cult program in it's day.
    Don’t say, “It’s been a good day” till sundown.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good wife” till she’s buried.
    Don’t say, “It’s a good sword” till you’ve tested it.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good girl” till she’s married off.
    Don’t say, “The ice is safe” till you’ve crossed it.
    Don’t say, “The beer is good” till you’ve drunk the last of it.

From Hávamál, a Norse poem

Lights Out

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    I'm of the opinion that ankle boots are little more than mere shoes, but I also have highly eccentric opinions when it comes to fashion.
    Moreover, I'm not a fan of getting my socks wet whenever I need to walk through the snow. Do you get much in the way of snow in Spain?
    Not that much snow, not where I live, at least. We got a bit a week or two ago and I beleive that's it for the moment. It's pretty cold, anyway.

Regarding the belt in jackets, I beleive that Schott perfectos are half-belt only.

Also, it is funny how many of us got a peacoat this season, I got mine (a cheap but good enough one for the price) no more than three weeks ago.

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    I love flight jackets but I look like a skinhead when I wear one.
    embrace it. i look like a hippie in them, which is sort of cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    Like this a little bit pricey but über-cool jacket.
    i'd recommend the solid color ones, they'll go with more things. they should fade over time as well, to a personalized fade for you. by the way, the left hand twill they use on Lee denim is neat. It doesn't get as sharply defined creases as right-hand (Levi's) denim but it has a really soft, almost velvet feel. I don't know why spinning the denim in the opposite direction does that.

your avatar gives me epiliptic fits Adouglasmhor's Avatar

Yes | No

Flight jackets look really shapeless on me. I have a high vis one for on the bike and my GF hates it, she says it hides all the work and progress I have done on my shape for the last 4 years.

Still better than ending up under some blind cunts car because "I didn't see you" she doesn't come out with me on the bike anyway.
    Don’t say, “It’s been a good day” till sundown.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good wife” till she’s buried.
    Don’t say, “It’s a good sword” till you’ve tested it.
    Don’t say, “She’s a good girl” till she’s married off.
    Don’t say, “The ice is safe” till you’ve crossed it.
    Don’t say, “The beer is good” till you’ve drunk the last of it.

From Hávamál, a Norse poem

not long for this world nihilist's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAMA
    embrace it.

So...patches then?

Lights Out

Yes | No

Damm you, MJS and dammed be all your posts about fabric.

I'm careful with my clothes and they tend to last for year and a lot of whases. But your constant nagging on how "things were better back then, in the good ole seventies" has me traumatized. To the point that you ruined shopping for me, asshole.

I cannot walk into a store without finding everything frail and sup-par, I keep touching the clothes and thinking "this is gonna turn to dust in less than three whases".

Last time I went to a denim store, spend a good time touching the jeans, trying to figure out which ones were good and which ones were crap, trying to figure out any difference in weight, or in the finish of the pants (seams, buttons, etc.) and guess what? Everything felt like crap, from the expensive Levis to the unknown cheap brands.

It got worse with the other stuff, though, t-shirts so thing I could breathe holes into them, flannels that wouldn't keep me warm in the sub-saharian summer. Sweaters that were falling apart before even somebody put them on once.

But still, there must be a way to buy decent clothes without having to resort to check ebay for jeans made in the seventies, right? I mean, someone out there should still be making decent quality clothes still.

So I'd suggest you drag your ass to this thread and start working, give me a clue on what I'm supposed to look for when checking the fabric or the finishes.

It wouldn't hurt if you could drop the names of reputable manufacturers, preferably if they are still in business.

Yes | No

I never did that because I've spent the past months without a computer of my own to dump pictures to.

I'd probably buy nothing but designer clothes if money wasn't an issue because it would take out all of the hassle; you walk in to a Wings + Horns boutique and everything is impeccable, but it also all costs hundreds of dollars. The key is finding brands that reach a compromise on cost, quality, and fashionability. Carhartt for example makes sturdy clothes and carries a reasonable price, but it's not very good looking (except their flannels, which rock face). Cheap Monday neither impresses nor disappoints me in terms of material or construction but the clothes are hip and stylish at a pretty affordable price. One of my favorites is APC, which carries a steepish price tag, $150 and beyond a pop, but also punches above its weight; they source the same fabrics as luxury brands like Dior Homme and even though they're made in China they're some of the finer made clothes I've seen. Check out their website and you can pick over what's left of their winter sale and pick up some good deals. I kind of regret being broke right now but I'm not particularly hurting for winter clothes. Another good, cheapish brand is Naked & Famous now that they're branching out from being just a denim line. They're similar to APC in price and, I believe, made in Canada, but from what I've seen it doesn't make much of a difference than APC's China.

A surprising contender lately is GAP, who have a serious advantage in economy of scale. Just avoid that stupid shit with GAP printed on it and no one will be the wiser. Their current denim line is definitely a contender. Their Old Navy brand is garbage though, and Banana Republic is boring but good but at that price I'd rather just spring a little more for APC, who do the minimalist thing with a lot more style.
    Last edited by MEGA JESUS-SAMA; 5th January 10 at 11:09 AM.

Lights Out

Yes | No

Wings + Horns

Not available in my country.

Carhartt

You're right about their flannels, the style overall is a bit too much "casual urban lumberjack" so to speak, not my style, altrough they have some decent-looking jeans and even a nice looking snowboard pants(!!!).

Cheap Monday

APC

Naked & Famous

GAP, Old Navy and Banana Republic

Actually I dislike GAP, in general, I dislike any clothing displaying tha brand's name in big font, that's why you won't see me in a nike t-shirt (with the sole exception of the tiny-logo'ed one I have for the gym). GAP is too generic looking, the desings have as much personality as a brick. Old Navy and Banana Republic are directly not my style so I won't even bother.

Well, at least I won't spend money on mall shops anymore, gotta find decent retail sellers somewhere near me.

Yes | No

W+H, APC, Cheap Monday and Naked and Famous are all available online with international shipping, dude. I also meant to add a disclaimer for Cheap Monday: for every sober, nice piece of clothing is two pieces of something silly.

Lights Out

Yes | No

Shit, I cannot have cash, went to check out the winter sales two days and just blew out a couple hundred (or more).

Ah, well, here are my latest aquisitions, all on discount, at least.

Trangoworld shoftshell. For those of you who don't know it, Trangoworld is a spanish brand of technical clothing for mountain sports. The price is a bit high, but the quality is worth it. They make durable clothes which will keep you warm and comfortable in the worst climate possible.

Also, I bought termic underwear to keep me warm on my next trip to snowboarding.

I bought a couple of cheap jeans. One in black and one in faded grey. They come from an unknown brand that gives reasonable quality at a cheap price (or so the seller told me). Checked the fabric, the inseams, the buttons, everything and couldn't find anything different from more expensive jeans. Actually, the quality seemed better than that of the jeans I bought last year, almost as good as 501's but at less than one third the price.

A bought an Adidas retro t-shirt and also, the Adidas Vespa originals.

Oh, and a flannel shirt from Quiksilver that was really cheap. I don't think it can compete with true flannel shirts, but the feel is quite nice and the cut is very good, fits me like a glove.

And I just promised I won't buy anything for at least two months.

Altrough I reserve the right to buy an expensive pair of snowboard pants at the ski station shops if I find a really cool one.