Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blazin' Blazers OR: fashion thread with political and social impact!

Scrapper

Yes | No

Default Blazin' Blazers OR: fashion thread with political and social impact!

thread title notwithstanding:

Here is my problem. I am a regular carry-er of a firearm. I carry just about every day, and I am required to conceal my weapon in most states. This is not a huge problem, except that my preferred carry piece is a little big and heavy. Not excessively so, but probably more than most people would find comfortable. It's a 7-shot M66 .357 with a 4" barrel. This is typically considered to be a "medium" framed revolver.

Before everybody tells me to get a smaller/lighter piece. I have one and still prefer the extra control, firepower, and capacity of the M66.

If I carry in my waistband, than concealment is very easy. I am a big boy, and untucking my shirt pretty much hides the weapon completely. This is not the most comfortable way to carry a 40 oz. firearm, though. I have a nice shoulder holster that is EXTREMELY comfortable, and provides me with 2 extra speedloader pouches making my total capacity 21 rounds of .357. This is my ideal carry method.

SO here is my question for the fashion gods:

what are some good casual looks for a blazer/sportcoat, that also provide good concealment for my weapon? Or looks in genraly for that matter...sweatshirts, light jackets, etc are all fair game. Be creative.

Things to consider-

I am very stocky. 5'11" and 220 pounds. 29" inseam, 36" waist, 44" chest. My shirt size is 17/34. I already look wide and squat in virtually any outfit. Lets try not to make me look any more like Dorfram Thunderhammer, the Dwarf FIghter from the Misty Mountains, shall we?

THe weapon is horizontally under my left armpit. Anything that pulls tight around that region my expose the weapon. In CT, I am required to make a "reasonable" attempt to conceal my weapon or it is the crime of "brandishing." A slight bulge under a jacket is no prob, but a blatant outline of a gun will get me in trouble.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Lights Out

Yes | No

Well, whoi would have guessed there would be a manly thread in this sub-forum.

I guess almost anything can do (if unbuttoned, at least) unless you're opting for slim fits, leave those for MJS.

Some denim jackets have room enough for you and your gun.

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

The real key to a good fit isn't necessarily snug fitting, since that won't flatter every body type, but for the shoulder seams to fit on the shoulders and the neck to fit snugly but not uncomfortably. So what you want to look for are classic American brands like Brooks Brothers that favor the sack-style jacket and shirt.

For casual jackets, look for styles that are traditionally loose. Denim jackets and bomber jackets come to mind.

Scrapper

Yes | No

Sack Jacket, Huh?

This has potential!

But I hate the collar on this one...

Scrapper

Yes | No

THis one is cool too. Any help putting an outfit together that won't look stoopid?

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

I didn't necessarily mean a sack jacket, I was referring to a type of fit. Anyway I'm on my way out the door, I'll have to help you with the rest later.

Lights Out

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAMA
    For casual jackets, look for styles that are traditionally loose. Denim jackets and bomber jackets come to mind.
    Yeah, but bombers is that type of jacket you either love or hate. Also, the skniheads almost ruined it for the rest of us, almost.

There's also jackets with... uuuh... "bomber fit" that don't fall into the skinhead look.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    THis one is cool too. Any help putting an outfit together that won't look stoopid?
    That goes well with almost any buttoned shirt.

Science Fucker Photobucket WarPhalange's Avatar

Yes | No

You actually think you'll be in a situation where you need all 21 of those bullets and have the time to reload twice?

Yes | No

Don't listen to PL, you never know what'll happen.

If I die before I wake.. Cullion's Avatar

Yes | No

There. Is. Only. One. Way. To. Do. This.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgcVLOe9qFM
    ONE SOUL AT A TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Danno
    i got nothing, you win again.
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I trust God more than I trust you. And that will never change. I've always viewed you as kind of a snake. No biblical connotations need apply, just the regular ones. You're wise. You're really intelligent. But you're also conniving and have this way of getting what you want when you want it. The sickness I was talking about was your propensity to kind of reach in and grasp on to something to define someone here. You harangue them about it and manipulate it in to conversations. You do that with every single poster here. You do this until they see things your way. The "correct way". It's vile.