Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sneak-sneak-sneaker thread

Stand out of my kennel Aphid Jones's Avatar

Yes | No

Awesome!

Ok, now can I have the 120$ for that heterogenized hunk of fabric and rubber?
    When Sociocide dies, who gets The ?

fuck you math class MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

Yes | No

to be honest i would avoid the designer sneaker brands because they're mostly about leather sneakers. The analogy about buying a hamburger from a world class chef applies cause even though they'll be the best canvas sneakers you've ever worn they're still just canvas sneakers.

For canvas my go to brand is PF Flyers. Think of them as Chuck Taylors with all the suck removed; better insoles, better construction, better options for colorways and uppers, and at basically the same price to boot (unless you're getting one of their couture materials). Zig Zag and Keds are other, more widely available options. If you do buy Chucks, check to make sure that the canvas is two-ply cause after the brand was bought out by Nike most of the mainline was switched to single ply.

I don't know how vegan you are but it's possible to call these companies and ask if their leather is sourced from naturally dead animals. I know a couple of not-so-hardcore veggie heads who go this route when they buy leather goods. I don't know anyone who does this off the top of my head.

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by NJM
    Awesome!

Ok, now can I have the 120$ for that heterogenized hunk of fabric and rubber?
    With TGM you're looking at years of wear, not a year of wear. That and the fact that I only paid $97.50 for my leather pair just now makes them a sound investment compared to cheaper shoes. I don't make enough money to buy most of my favorite brands at retail but then there's no particular reason for me to pay retail anyway.

Yes | No

Someone should sticky your post with the good-buying sites and the discount code sites. I pay way too much for my swagga.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Yes | No

I'm not too concerned on it, my current hiking shoes are leather, but they were a gift. I really meant black tie event shoes, though thank you for your opinion on PFF vs. CT.

Stand out of my kennel Aphid Jones's Avatar

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAMA

For canvas my go to brand is PF Flyers. Think of them as Chuck Taylors with all the suck removed; better insoles, better construction, better options for colorways and uppers, and at basically the same price to boot (unless you're getting one of their couture materials).
    A quick google and I got to their site.

What is your opinion on this shoe from what you know?

http://www.pfflyers.com/mens/number-5.php
    When Sociocide dies, who gets The ?

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    I'm not too concerned on it, my current hiking shoes are leather, but they were a gift. I really meant black tie event shoes, though thank you for your opinion on PFF vs. CT.
    That's tricky, cause in the Western world classy shoes usually = leather shoes. I'd say source them second hand or from animals that died of natural causes because leatherlike materials suck dick.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM
    What is your opinion on this shoe from what you know?
    Not my style, but don't worry about PFF making bad shoes. They start at $88, which is decent for leather sneakers with a stitched outsole. You could do better for that if you're slick with discounts or forum marketplaces but I don't think you'll find many superior options construction wise at that price point.
    Last edited by MEGA JESUS-SAMA; 25th July 09 at 04:11 PM.

Yes | No

troll harder

Yes | No

crocs
    "Even logical positivists are capable of love." - A.J. Ayer

Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by NunOnBreak
    You drive for a living, runt. You would appreciate them more than anyone else on the forum other than Sirc.
    Well if you only wear them in the car I guess no one else has to see them.